ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ

❀❀❀❀❀
It was a rather cold morning, (Y/n) didn't want Byakuya to get sick, so she prepared some tea for him, slowly walking through the big hallways. Passing by some maids, she only heard some of their words. It was obvious that they were gushing over the blonde prince that she was serving.

'Why do some servants seriously think they have a chance to marry one of the heirs? It's probably one of the only things that is truly impossible in this world.' The (h/c) haired girl shook her head and knocked on the prince's door, patiently waiting.

But there, once again, was no answer. 'Did the prince develop the habit of never answering me again?' A deep sigh left her throat as she just turned the doorknob. Before she could enter the room though, a rather old servant of the family stopped her, gently and careful not to startle her.

"Good morning, (y/n). Prince Byakuya is not here until evening. The king and queen sent him to another kingdom, hoping he would find a bride there." Nodding, she looked down at the tray. "Now I made this tea for nothing, didn't I?" "Well, maybe you could bring it to another heir to-"

Immediately, the servant made it seem like she was going to drop the tray. The old man, kind and caring, quickly helped her and began to hold it for her. "My goodness, you should be more careful...! Are you feeling tired or exhausted? Lay down."

Instead of answering, she just smiled. "I wouldn't bring some other heir this tea. It's made for Prince Byakuya, I wouldn't betray him by serving another heir tea." His face went pale. Was she really taking it this serious? Or was she just joking around?

"W-Well, I assume you have a day off then. Or however the peasants call it..." Her (e/c) eyes closed for a second as she gave him yet another smile. "Yes, it seems like it. I'll see you soon, mister." With that, she turned around and left, wandering around the castle a bit.

'I can't believe it. They really let Prince Byakuya come to another kingdom? What if he gets hurt while he's there?! What if he catches a cold?!' On the inside, the female servant was panicking a bit, her worries about her heir raising. 'But why do I always worry about him like this?'

(Y/n) stopped dead in her tracks. Yes. Why did she always worry about Byakuya? She was just a mere servant, serving him since three years now. That may be a lot of time, but he never grew to see her as a friend. A servant, that was all that he saw in her.

Even if she would be in love with him, she wouldn't shed a single tear about how cold he was towards her. After all, it was impossible for a royal and a commoner to have a happy life together. It was a rule that didn't exist but everyone knew of.

Her heart began to beat faster, her eyes widening slightly at the thought of her and her heir together. 'This is nonsense!' Giving herself a small slap on the cheek, she suddenly continued walking. 'Thoughts like these ones are so upsetting and unsettling!'

She thought back to earlier. About how these female servants were gushing over her heir. 'I thought so bad about them, but in the end, I can't deny that I can understand them. Prince Byakuya is in indeed very handsome. And being a royal?' (Y/n) shook herself and scolded herself. 'Pull yourself together!'
❀❀❀❀❀