3

There was no doubt in Olivias mind that the police were already on this case. But she was also sure that they weren't doing enough: no news reports nor any investigations going on.

She pushed open the wide, windowed doors to the sheriffs office and head over to the receptionist desk.

"Can I help you?" The woman said, her glasses pushed up against her nose, she was particularly old and frail.

"Yes, actually, you can," Olivia replied, angrily. "My brother is dead. And your shitty police officers are sitting on their fat asses doing nothing!"

"Ma'am you're going to have to calm down." The woman rolled her eyes, like she had been through this many times.

"How can I calm down!? I just saw my brothers body in a photo with his killer! I bet you guys didn't know that though did you?!"

Olivia wasn't doing herself any justice. If she acted out even more she'd be the one arrested.

"Listen, I can get you an appointment with grief counselling but you're gonna have to--"

Before she could continue, the phone on the desk rang, silencing the whole room. Olivia grunted and went to sit down, getting some water beforehand.

Stressed, tired, mourning, she drank the water in seconds and checked her phone. She went on the chat where she got sent the photo and deleted it, hoping to never see it again. Her phone buzzed: it was mom.

"Hey Mom" she said, shaking.
It was a relief hearing her mom's voice again, after what has happened.

"Hey Honey..." By the sounds of it, she had been crying too.

"Marks gone Mom...someone killed him"

"I know honey I know, I'm at the scene now." Olivias Mom worked as a mortician, which meant her own sons body wasn't the first body she'd seen.

"Oh...why are you there? Thats not good for you."

"Yeah well, I wanted to see him so I thought I'd take the case." She sniffled.

"I'm gonna find them. Whoever killed him. I promise."

Olivias Mom sighed. "Okay...bye honey. This place isn't gonna clean itself"

The call ended.

Olivia placed the phone on her lap and sobbed. It felt like everything she ever felt disappeared and now all she felt was...nothing.

All the tears stopped when she got another notification.

Unkown: 1 new message!

Dazed, she wiped off her tears and clicked.

She gasped and dropped her phone when she saw it.

The message read...

No cops or you're guts will be hanging from the ceiling!

Along with the text was a picture of a mask...the same person in the picture of Mark. They were holding a knife again...pointing straight at the screen.

In a hurry, she grabbed her things as the receptionist shouted, "Hey you! Sheriffs ready for ya!"

"OH sorry I don't need him anymore" She said as she hurried out of the station.

"Fuckin' time waster" The receptionist muttered under her breath as Olivia left.