A Revelation part 2

“ATHENA,” She screamed as if she was being brutally attacked and was calling for my help as she sprung to her feet colliding into me with arms wide open.

I clung to her missing the feel of her presence, her skin against mine, she was like a sister to me and not being able to see her had torn me into pieces since the last time I had seen her which was in the café.

“You promised me, you promised Athena you promised,” She repeated her face snuggled against my shoulder crying as if she had given up al hopes of seeing me ever again and I didn’t blame her.

I stroked the top of her head whispering that everything would be okay into her ear “I’m sorry it took so long,”

She finally pulled back eyes swollen eyes and cheek red “You’re so cold,” She let out with a little laugh her hand grasping my arm for dare life.

I bit my bottom lip staring down at the floor for a second before meeting her eyes “Yeah I know,”

She gazed eyes glittering with tears as she pulled a sad face “What’s going on Athena, why are you here?”

I didn’t know how I was going to explain it to her, what I had become was the most difficult part yet, I wasn’t sure how she was going to act. Katie had always been the type to overreact a side I hadn’t seen for some time as I drew in a deep breath.

I didn’t hold anything back, I had mentioned everything to her every detail I said before the moment of mortification set across her face.

She sat at the end of the bed staring off towards the fire place in silence not saying a word, not moving a single muscle.

“So,” She finally spoke after an hour of silence “Erick has been working for Alana-,”

“Svetlana,” I corrected.

“So he’s been working for her since high school, and he used me as a decoy just to get to you,” She whispered turning her pale face to me.

I nodded “I’ve made sure you were safe, I even sent someone to watch over you at night where you are most venerable,”

She nodded “Gabrielle right?”

I sighed heavily confused at how she was keeping so calm after dumping the most outrageous story ever known on a human who didn’t even believe in ghosts “Katie I was meaning to tell you but after all that has been going on I had to keep you away from it,”

“It doesn’t matter now,” She let out “You’re here, I’m not going to cry over Erick and I don’t blame you for not coming to me…, as long as you don’t leave me again,”

I swallowed at the last part as I darted my eyes towards the corner of the room “Katie you cannot stay here,”

She stood up at this point turning her whole body towards me “What?”

“You’re in a house full of immortal blood crazed heartless Vampires that are only supposed to be but a myth, you’re a meal on wheels and I can’t always protect you Katie not like this, not in the middle of a war that has been brewing for centuries. You need to go on with your life, live it as if I was there, live it for me,”

She finally snapped “I’ve tried living without you Athena and it was not easy not knowing if you were dead or face down in a gutter drowning yourself in alcohol again,”

That was a slap on the face, ever since the death of my Mother I had gone on a month depression spree living on nothing but straight spirit to drown out the pain, and Katie was the only person who broke me out of it.

“This is not a place for you,” I whispered

Katie strolled over to me grabbing my hand “Then make me like you-,”

I jerked my hand away in shock backing away from her fast “What are you crazy,” I screamed “Katie-,”

“Please Athena,” She begged.

I stood there not knowing what to say to her pleading, usually when she asked she always received from me but this, this was not negotiable “This is something I never asked for understand that, and I would give anything to be human again Katie anything. And making you into something you would regret…., I will have no part in it,”

“I will not regret it,” She fumed stomping her foot “Unlike you I know what I’m expecting and I’m not leaving you again Athena, you are all I have left, we are the only family we got and if you’re telling me to live my life alone then.., I would rather hang myself,” She spat out bitterly.

I shook my head “This conversation is over-,”

“Would you rather send me back out there like this to fight against things I would surly lose to, or make me like you and fend for myself knowing I would at least have a fighting chance,”

I froze at that as I was just about to turn for the door, she had a point and it was starting to make me change my mind. But the thought of biting a sister figure played over and over in my mind “I can’t bite you-,”

“Bullshit,”

“I’m not going to turn you Katie, The thought of even doing it disgust me knowing it was my doing and living for centuries with that guilt, next thing you’ll be begging to have your human life back when the years continue to go on and on,” I explained

I turned heading out the door closing it tightly behind me as I closed my eyes for a brief second.

“My Queen,” Gabrielle spoke softly.

I opened them letting out a sigh “She does not leave the room you hear me,”

I stormed off down the hallway back into the room slamming the door behind me in rage as I started to pace.

I couldn’t lose Katie, and I didn’t want her to leave and I meant everything I said about having my human life back but all of it was over, fate had lead Themis to me the very reason why I stayed was because of him and the only place I could be is with my own kind.

The door slowly opened as Gabrielle slid into the room “My Queen,”

“Come inside,” I said waving a hand as the door slammed closed.

“Is everything alright?” He whispered.

“How does Katie know you?” I asked.

He paused for a second before replying “Most of the time I found her drinking on her own, there was one day where she was supposed to meet Erick at a restaurant and he never showed up. She sat there for two hours waiting and that was when I steeped in,”

I smiled, even though he had to live up to his family name being the top dog in security he was really the most gentle and caring huggable bear no one would have expected, especially after my first encounter with him.

“And then she attacked me-,”

“SHE WHAT,” I let out in shock.

He waved his hands in the air shaking his head from side to side “No, No, not in that way,” He blurted out trying to calm me down “She.., she, you know was all over me,” He mused lowering his eyes

“Gabrielle I need to ask you a favour,” My voice quivered and I could tell he could sense it as his body went rigid.

“Anything my Queen,”

I nodded swallowing hard “I need you to bite Katie,”