Uncanny Creation

He stood completely still his face tilted to the side, his eyes were no longer on me but on an object in the distance beside the bathroom door. His fist clenched tightly against his side as he lowered his head letting out a loud sigh.

“My Queen..,” He whispered a slight hint of anger in his voice as he kept his eyes on his feet.

I nodded fiddling with my fingers like a little child begging for attention “I know, I know,” I chanted rubbing my four head in frustration.

“I can’t.., Athena,” He let out finally saying my first name since the turning “Not only is it breaking one of the cardinal rules, but it will affect my future.., the one you set me to for-fill,”

I closed my eyes shaking my head, how could I have forgotten I had given him permission to father children to continue his blood line of Perun Guardians.

“I know you’re trying to do everything you can for her because Svetlana knows, but asking me to turn her is condemning me to Death but you as a Queen have every right,”

I shook my head “I don’t have the strength to do that to her,”

“Then there it is,” He smiled softly slowly approaching me placing both hands on my shoulders “This is the last place Svetlana would think she would hide, in a way she is in danger and in another.., she’s a crown jewel surrounded by your guards who are more afraid of you than Svetlana herself,” He explained.  

I laughed as the bedroom door opened as Themis stood there eyes glued on us as a sure sign of jalousie washed over his perfect face.

Gabrielle pulled away taking a few steps back as he bowed his head towards Themis “Sire,”

“Leave us,” He growled.

“Before you go,” I let out as he paused “Gather the others and be in here at Midnight,”

Gabrielle bowed before walking out the door closing it behind him.

“What’s going on?” Themis demanded to know what he had just seen.

Turning to him I let out a chuckle tilting my head to the side giving him a mesmerizing gaze “Jealous are we?”

He didn’t find it funny at all running his fingers through his short hair in anger not saying a word.

I crept towards him placing my hands on either side of his face “I asked him to bite Katie-,”

“You what,” He let out “Athena-,”

“I know, he kind of explained it,” I grinned.

He pulled me in close wrapping his arms around my waist “So what now Queenie?”

I bit my bottom lip pulling back slightly staring into his eyes “There’s something I need you help with…, but you’re not going to like it,”

He growled rolling his eyes in concern “Please don’t tell me it’s another rule breaker,”

I sneered “No one will notice.., Promise besides, it’s for good reasons,”

A full moon hung high lighting up everything in a shimmering dull white light, my right index finger caressed my left wrist where a scar sat slowly vanishing as if it never existed.

I heard the door open from inside the room whispers breaking as I turned steeping into the room to see Themis, Gabrielle, Aleksander, Arkady and Nikolay standing in front of a glass table I had managed to get Kelandra to place smack centre in the middle of the room.

On the table sat six clear wine glass’s with gold patterns running from the stem up, each glass was filled half way with blood.

“What’s all this?” Gabrielle asked staring down at the table.