Episode 2: Hostile Timeline

"Stay out of my way, I'm winning this thing."

Astrid glared at the boy before shoving him aside. This was her chance to prove herself the village prodigy, not some walking twig of an heir. The gronkle was hovering around the other end of the arena, the crowd cheering on in anticipation.

"Good, please. By all means!"

Hiccup adjusted his helmet and glanced up to the crowd, finding his father's stern yet proud look. A wave of guilt ripped through him as he turned his attention to the dragon he was supposed to fight. The dragon turned and spotted him, readjusting her swing before flying forward toward him. Hiccup gulped as the flying beast got closer, quickly noting Astrid's war cry a distance off.

He was about to take out the dragon nip from his pocket when a flash of light and a loud thud caught everyone's attention. Even the dragon paused, confused at the sudden appearance of a Jacket man in the middle of the arena.

"Ow my back..."

The man slowly stood up, allowing everyone to see more. He was thin, dressed in with his Gray Jeans and His Brown Jacket with his face obscured by a Hat and the mask. However, the most distinct feature was the metal prosthetic on his left Arm The villagers were too stunned by the man's abrupt appearance to react.

"Where am I....woah there!"

The gronkle was the first to recover, growling at the new arrival before launching a wad of lava at him. He sidestepped her attack easily, Before using A dart to put it asleep

'That was close, if i hadn't get out of the way, i would be dead by now.' Modern Human thought

Ash's pov

"What the!?" Ash exclaimed as he look around, it's different than Chainia's Arena

"WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

The shout sent a chill through his spine, Ash turned, barely noticing a surprised teenager with an axe too large for him. However, the source of the voice came from above the lanky boy; a large figure looming against the bars of the arena.

"I WILL ASK YOU ONE MORE TIME! WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT BUSINESS DO YOU HAVE WITH BERK?!"

Ash stuttered, unable to break eye contact. Stoick the Vast glared at him with narrow eyes, daring him to make a move.

"Merc? How...how did you changed?!"

Ash was staring up directly at him, apparently not caring about the fact that he interrupted an important dragon fight for his son. Stoick frowned and steeled himself in his chiefly role. Very few stood proudly when confronted with the chief of Berk and he was secretly glad this stranger was no exception.

He was fortunate for enough distance that he could survey the man without him too aware. Ash was absolutely thin to normally be considered a threat, yet somehow he was able to take on a gronkle and Shot it with a dart in mere moments without the need of drawing a weapon. Stoick glared harder, considering his skill with the dragon, Stoick was not going to risk the village in finding out what the stranger could do.

"I WILL ASK YOU ONE MORE TIME! WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT BUSINESS DO YOU HAVE WITH BERK?!"

Hiccup stared at the stranger, eyeing the metal arm, Strange hat, and strange mask. He was able to recognize the usage of Dart blower but he was surprised that the man used it instead of drawing the strange weapon on his thigh, hiccup has the dragon nip while the man has a dart blower. Hiccup was close enough to hear the man's whisper, eyes widening in shock.