1: on my own

"how come I cant feel love for anyone but him? Its been years why cant I let go. I crave romance, tention, to be loved by someone." I take a deep breath the dingy air from within my new rundown apartment in an attempt to clear my mind of my conflicting thoughts. How i missed my home town of despite the relentless bullying I expirenced in school and church, Its where I met my first love. where I  expirenced my first heartbreak. I miss home. Soon my first day of my senior year at my new highschool slowly approaches. Now that I've moved out of my parent's house I feel...free. I plop down on my bed as the rain outside picks up in intensity. I flinch as the raindrops crash against the window, I remember my childhood best friend "sal..." I whisper beneath my breath as images of rhe blue haired boy flash in my mind.

He used to help me my extreme fear of storms. The dark, dingy feel of your my new pad at Addison apartments isn't helping much. I cover my head with my small deep navy blanket given to you by that boy that infests you mind. My head spins with the good memories as I drift to sleep. Thunder crashes causing me to jump out of my dead-like state of sleep. I pant heavily trying to regain my once steady breathing. I check my phone to see that its 7:00 am the next day and the moving company would arrive any minute now.

In a panic hurry I attempt to look presentable and by "presentable" I mean throwing my hair into a messy bun, dirty sweatpants, and a cropped tee of my favorite metal band. I slip on my dirty blue converses and head outside to meet the van full of junk. The van backs up as close to the entrance as possible without wrecking the place. I open the back of the van revealing all of my messily packed boxes. I grab a stack of some smaller boxes. I head into the the building barely able to see. I attempt to see around the boxes but it was a failure. I continue my blind departure through the bland and weary hallways. I turn down a hall trying to find the elevator when I accidentally crash into someone causing me to drop my boxes and fall to the cold, hard floor " Oh I'm so sorry, are you alright? " I look up to see who had spoken when I locked eyes with that blue haired boy from jersey " S-Sal!?" My eyes set on his his familiar blue ones " Y/n!?" He asks in response " I haven't seen you in forever!" I shout excitedly jumping to my feet greeting him with a tight hug "It's  been six years." He chuckles reciprocation the hug. I look at him with a playful pout,
" well six years is forever to me." I taunt. Thunder crackles causing the lights in the old building to flicker. I jump at the Sudden sound and flash. I latch onto sal out of instinct, " Oh sorry," I apologize to him for rhe awkward encounter.

His ears heat up the second you grabbed his arm forgetting how cute you were when he would protect you from your fears as a kid. He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly, though the expressionless mask covered his face I could tell he was smiling. "So," he looks at my sanitys fall tee "trying to copy my swag I see." He jokes, I had forgotten that I had my sanitys fall " Oh yeah their my favorite band." I say as I look at the stained shirt barley covering my torso " Besides I think it looks better on me." I laugh, he nods and pushes me gently " uhuh whatever you say pipsqueak," he remarks teasingly, despite his height being a full 5'6 I was however much shorter "don't push me sallyface." I scrunch my face and push his shoulder gently playfully. I reach down to gather my boxes of miscellaneous clothes and furniture, "so your folks finally move?" He questions "uh not exactly, " I frown slightly " ever since my mom left last year my dad has been drinking pretty heavily and disappearing with different women for days at a time." I explain, he looks at me with sympathy in his darkened eyes "so I saved up and moved out now I'm here." He grabbed my shoulder "I'm so sorry- " I cut him off " oh no im fine honestly and besides I ran into you " I smile at him. He grabbed a box from the floor and follows me down the bleak halls. As we approach my apartment he points out a funny detail I failed to notice "looks like we're neighbors," he points out his apartment " oh guess we are. " I remark with a devilish grin ghosting my face.

I had always had a crush on him but now that we're older he's gotten.. Hotter! A faint blush appears on my face as thoughts of the masked boy next to me race in my mind, " Hey pipsqueak," his voice snapped me from my thoughts "gonna open the door?" I shake my head in a nodding motion "y-yeah of course." I open the door to my new, grungy apartment "smells... funny." He comments looking at the layout of my new home "yeah I'm not sure how to help rid of it." I reply placing my box on the counter.

                                 *time skip*
I finally finished uploading all of my boxes out of the van with the help of my not-so-new neighbor " whoo that took forever," I drag out the end of the "forever" making an exaggerated expression to match my dramatic tone " It only took 30 minutes," he says placing himself on the counter. "Hungry? I can order take out." I offer grabbing my phone from my back pocket "sure I'll pay." He grabs his wallet from the pocket of his black hoodie "oh my what a gentleman," I say in a mocking way.

"God  it's something about him that just makes my heart flutter. Sometimes I wonder if he feels the same way."  I play with my hair lost in thought "Hey pipsqueak ya there?"  Sal Snaps me back into reality " Huh? Oh yeah sorry," I call the local pizza place and order us some lunch "whatcha thinkin about? " He asks "Oh just Thinking about how happy I am, this is a big deal to me and I finally get to see my best friend again."  I smile at him concealing my true thoughts. The delivery guy knocks on the door startling me a little. Sal gets to the door before I can get to it "thanks man," he shuts the door and sets the pizza on the table and tucks his wallet away " I call first slice I say rushing to grab the biggest slice of pizza "Not so fast dork" he laughs pushing me out of the way. We laugh together filling our plates. Time passes as we sit on the floor laughing at each other's jokes. I check the time and to my surprise it was already 8:00 pm "jeez it's already so late, I should go home gizmos probably lonely. " sal says standing up. I hoist myself to my feet and walk with him to the door " right gizmo, what a drama queen." I chuckle to myself " it's good to see you again y/n," he smiles pulling me into a hug. I pause for a moment before reciprocating the display of affection " you too sal, I missed you." He smiles and goes next door to his apartment. I shut my door and and wander mindlessly to my bed plopping myself down onto the cold mattress and blankets. My mind swirls with the scent of his hoodie " mmm vanilla"  I finally fall asleep

(Howdy howdy I really hope you liked this I tried really hard not to be too boring or too much ya know anyway thank you for reading this ❤❤ - ghosty)