𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯

we should run away together

Dear my lovely Valerie,

I'm glad you are now officially my girl.

I must confess that I too return your feeling of love. It felt like my whole world stopped when I saw you for the first time. I knew that I wanted to spend forever with you. That I never wanted to leave you.

Though I fear my father would forbid us from seeing each other if he found out, and I wish to marry you someday. So I propose we should run away together.

You do not have to accept it if you do not want to, I know my brother would be upset if he returned home one day and did not find me. I will have to tell him about this if you do wish to join me.

On another note, I hope you enjoyed last night. It was my first time so I apologize if I wasn't the best, but I know that you made me the happiest man. I'm glad you were my first. You mean a lot to me, more than you can ever know. I know we're meant to be, and I promise to never leave you.

Love, forever,

Your dearest Stefan

IT HAD BEEN a few days since Katherine Pierce had come to town and was taken in by Guisseppe Salvatore, causing her to constantly be around the house.

She originally had her eyes both on Stefan and Damon, but wasn't able to get them for some reason. They were too occupied with Stefan's daughter.

Katherine found little Estella cute, but didn't like that she was taking up all of the brothers' time, so she decided to cause a little trouble and blame it on the almost 2 year old, knowing that Giuseppe would most likely believe that Estella caused something just so he could blame her.

When the two brothers were fetching something, they had reluctantly left the child they adored with the woman that had started to annoy them.

Once Katherine saw that they were out of sight, she placed Estella in the middle of the dining table and smeared the fresh berries Stefan had collected all over her and the table before cleaning her own hands so she wouldn't be caught. And right before the brothers made their way back to the kitchen, she knocked one of Giuseppe's very expensive plates over onto the floor making the glass shatter, which created a loud noise.

A loud noise that had not only alerted Stefan and Damon, but Giuseppe as well.

Katherine looked very innocent and pretended to be shocked when they all came in, which Giuseppe bought because he was fuming at Estella, but Stefan and Damon didn't.

They didn't because they had made sure to place the berries on the highest shelf across the room, knowing that the cupboards were the one thing Estella refused to climb due to her falling and hitting her head on the door when she attempted it a few months back.

They knew Katherine did it to get her in trouble, and they were going to kill her for that. Giuseppe already hated Estella, and who knows what he was going to do to her now.

Beat her? She was very young and would die if he did.

Send her away? The brothers would miss her too much for that.

Scold her? They doubted that as he always reacted with violence.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE YOU INSOLENT BRAT?" they heard Giuseppe yell, and they rushed over to Estella, picking her up and shielding her from their angry father.

"Father! Please! She did not do this! She could not have," Stefan tried to reason with his father.

"Of course she did. That brat has been nothing but trouble since the moment she arrived. I want her gone, now," he spat at Stefan. "Or I will kill her myself. With my bare hands," he added, smirking when he saw the look of fear and terror on both of his sons' faces.

"Father, please!" Stefan tried once more, but all he got was a slap to the face.

"Quiet!" Giuseppe hissed and left without another word.

Estella was now bawling her eyes out, scared based on what she had just witnessed. She hated it when her father cried, and now he was out of sadness and pain. Not knowing what to do, she did the one thing that always made him smile, what she wanted him to do. She placed her hand on his cheek and gently patted it.

But instead of smiling like Estella had expected and hoped for him to do, he just hugged her tighter, not wanting to let go of the only thing he had left of Valerie. One of the three people he loved, them being Estella, Valerie, and Damon.

While Stefan was crying with his daughter, Damon was raging. Something he got from his father.

The elder brother turned to Katherine, and instead of asking her if she was alright (who would even do that to someone who wasn't even involved, let alone caused the problem), he glared at her with such hatred she almost felt bad.

"Why are you glaring at me?" she asked innocently, her voice flirty.

"You know why, Katherine," Damon gritted out her name with such hatred, it sounded like he was going to kill her at any moment. Which he probably was, but knew he couldn't.

"I'm afraid I don't," She pretended to sound confused.

"You did this, not Stella. We put the berries on the highest shelf, on the one shelf she refuses to climb so she wouldn't get to it. You were the only one else here with her. So get out of this house before I make you," Damon said, starting to advance on her.

"I-I-" she stammered, before bowing her head and leaving, but that action didn't let them see the smirk she was hiding. She had been feeding them vampire blood everyday, sneaking it into their food and drinks with the hope that they would choose her over Estella, but it seemed like she was wrong.

But that didn't matter to her.

She had already compelled a random human to shoot them both at nightfall when they were going to leave with Estella, but leave her unharmed.

She knew that they somehow knew about the supernatural, she couldn't compel them and Giuseppe never told them anything. She had also caught Stefan with one of the Salvatore Journals that had everything about vampires you needed to know (excluding the Original ones of course).

They were going to have to feed on human blood to complete the transition if they didn't want to leave Estella on her own, but as newly turned vampires they wouldn't be able to control their bloodlust as easily which would result in the little child dying.

At least that was what she had hoped for. For Estella to die and for the Salvatore brothers to come crawling back. But Katherine Pierce didn't know the love the three held for each other, they were family.

They only had each other. Estella wouldn't die, she would give them control.

They love Estella so much as humans, if they were to be vampires their love for her would just be amplified which would give them the control they would need.

Because Stefan and Damon promised to protect their little star forever. Estella would be loved by them forever. Their little family was forever.

And there was nothing the doppelgänger could do to separate them.

Because they were forever.