𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

you are my light, my only love

Dearest Stefan,

You amuse me greatly. I love your funny little jokes even if they do not make much sense. I thank you for the wonderful time I had with you today. It has been a while since I've done something so enjoyable.

And my answer to your question is yes. I would love for us to court, I will be yours. I miss you too, even if we just saw each other. I am falling for you too, but don't you dare make fun of my swooning. I am sure that if I take another look at your eyes I shall faint from the beauty of them.

I appreciate how you said you would be respectful to Julian even if he made a bad first impression. You are a very kind person, Stefan, and I'm glad to be yours.

You are my light, my only love.

I know this might seem too soon, but I mean it. I think I do love you, I've never felt this way before. I understand if you do not return this feeling right away, and if you don't I hope that someday you will.

Love from, your lovely girl,

Valerie Tulle

ESTELLA WAS GROWING bigger and bigger as the days went by, and Damon had left for a short while again. Stefan was getting more used to taking care of his daughter and Giuseppe had been locking himself in his study leaving the father-daughter duo alone, which they didn't really mind.

Estella was starting to get better at her speech development, but whenever something was said she would repeat it over and over again until she heard a new word.

She would get bored a lot and would demand attention from her father who was forced to take care of her, do Giuseppe's work, along with Damon's as he was gone. But he always made time for her.

Most days, whenever he could, he took her down the streets and let her look at the places around her. He sometimes took her to the market and let her taste the berries they were sampling.

One time when he did, she took the berries from Stefan's hand and stuffed them into her mouth. She had stained her dress and got her hands and mouth dirty, but everyone found it cute. Word had gotten around about how adorable Estella Salvatore was and how all the ladies cooed at her when she and Stefan walked past which meant that Giuseppe heard about it too.

First, he tried to force Stefan to marry so that Estella would have a mother and he would be seen as a good grandfather for letting Stefan and Estella be happy. And second, he told Stefan that if his daughter didn't cut out acting like a baby he would send her away. Of course Stefan didn't listen to his father, but made sure that Estella was on her best behavior when he was near; surprisingly she knew how to act.

Stefan just assumed it was because of Valerie who was a very smart and charming woman who also seemed to know whenever something was about to happen.

"Daddy, look!" Estella squealed, when she saw the same car Damon pulled up in the first time come into eye view.

"Stella?" he asked. He was shocked to see Damon arrive when his brother told him he was going to be gone for longer. "Damon?"

"Day! Day!" Estella made grabby hands to the uncle she missed and Damon took her from his little brother's arms.

"Hi little star. You've gotten bigger haven't you?" he lightly pinched her chubby cheeks which made her clap her hands.

"Hello, brother," he smirked, turning back to Stefan.

"I thought you said you were going to be gone for longer," Stefan was confused and Damon knew it.

"I know, but this was payback for not telling me about little Estella in one of your letters. I decided to surprise you this time. I'm not going back., Damon dropped the big bomb on his brother, and was yanked into a hug that only stopped once Estella started crying from being squashed by the two brothers.

"I'm sorry, Stella. Didn't mean to squish you," Stefan held her, feeling bad when her cries didn't die down.

They went into the house and headed for the living room, not expecting Giuseppe to be sitting there.

"Make that insolent brat stop crying, or I will teach her a lesson myself," he growled, before stalking up the stairs, no doubt to lock himself in his study which all of them didn't mind him doing.

"Has he been threatening our little star when I was gone?" Damon asked, furious.

"From the moment she was born," Stefan sighed sadly.

"If he tries anything...." Damon started.

"I know, brother. I know. I'll die before I let anything happen to my baby," Stefan reassured his brother.

"I'll protect her with you. Forever," Damon promised.

"Forever," Stefan agreed.