"I'm truly happy that you and Jessie have finally settled things." 

"I'm happy too. I can finally breathe." 

"Have you told Jessie the reason why you don't have a soulmate?"

"No, I haven't." Michael's entire countenance suddenly changed.

"I know it's a challenging topic for you to talk about, but she deserves to know."

Michael nodded his head. "I will tell her tonight." 

 "It's for the best."

"I know. Tonight is going to be a long night."

****

Jessie was washing the dishes with Ariel helping her out. She knew Ariel wanted to say something to her because she constantly looked at Jessie when she felt Jessie was not glimpsing at her, but Jessie always felt eyes on her, even though she wasn't looking at Ariel. When Ariel stopped cleaning the dishes, Jessie stopped washing and looked at Ariel. 

"I know you have settled things with my uncle. I like you, Jessie, but if you hurt my uncle again, I will make your life miserable," Ariel threatened.

Jessie wasn't angry at Ariel's statement. She wasn't upset with Ariel for warning her about hurting Michael. Jessie knew they must have been shut out by Michael, and she also knew the pain she had caused Michael. "I will never hurt Michael ever again. This I promise you," Jessie said in all seriousness.

"Good."

"What is good?" Elena walked into the kitchen. She hadn’t heard their entire conversation, so she didn’t know what was going on. She looked between her daughter and Jessie. Elena felt the tension in the kitchen. 

Ariel didn't wait for her mother to say anything before she rushed out of the kitchen like a child who was being chased.  

"Did something happen?" 

"Nothing happened."

 "Really?" Elena folded her hands. 

"It's nothing, Elena. We were just talking."  

"If I don't get the truth out of you, I will certainly get it out of my daughter." 

Jessie shook her head slightly. “Let it be Elena."

"For now, I will. It's good to have you back." Elena smiled 

"I'm happy to be back." 

They stood quiet for a while before Jessie said, "Do you mind telling me the reason why Michael does not have a soulmate? I thought every Angel had one." 

"It's not my story to tell, Jessie, but I'm certain Michael will tell you soon." 

"Okay." Jessie continued washing the dishes.

When she was done, she left and made her way to the living room. She saw her sister and Michael laughing over what they were discussing. Jessie smiled and took a seat next to them. 

Sunshine stopped talking when she noticed Michael was no longer paying attention to her. "Really, Michael?" She huffed. 

"Sorry." Michael took his eyes away from Jessie. 

"It's okay. I'm tired anyway. I will go to bed now. See you later, sis." Sunshine yawned.

"Hold on, Sunshine. You won't be sleeping with Jessie anymore. You will have your room," Elena announced.

"That's so cool. Lead the way to my new room." Sunshine clapped her hands in excitement. 

Elena took her hands and led the way to her new room.