6:47

pls comment T^T

I actually have the ending planned, isnt that fun

--

Hu Tao, for once, was not actually sick. Think of it as an excuse, to not go to Academy. As much as she wants to see Yanfei, Xiao, Venti, and many of her other friends; she had grown tired of the school — everyone would discriminate, in a way, her attitude.

That's why she's here, in the queen's castle, waiting in Xiao's room. – She had asked for permission to get a slip, from the queen herself to not attend academy.

"I'm back." As she hears a rustling sound of a doorknob opening, she jumps out of Xiao's bed and opens it.

"Welcome back!" Hu Tao says as if she lives here herself. – But, with the point being, it is like she lives here. – She hugs Xiao with a bear hug.

She hears a chuckle from afront and immediately knew it was the hidden personality of Xiao. Heading inside, they locked the door.

Both of them sighing, they can finally express themselves in a matter here without judgement that eternally can hurt them.

Hu Tao gets one of the books on the prince's bookshelf, she stumbles upon a book called "The Kingdom From Afar." and immediately gained interest. As far most, she enjoys reading books, as though one of her friends, Yanfei, was someone who was ultimately also interested in them; they gained a lot of knowledge, even in story books and their meanings behind.

The main characters, Alatus and Carmen Dei, it seemed familiar. One was introverted and hated the change of schedule just for something new, and another whom is the happiest but has yet to reveal the secret they behold to the other main character. It somehow fitted the two, Venti and Xiao, but with a more complex storyline and is in-depth in their said love life with each other.

"Heyyy.. look at this." Hu Tao says as she looks on the tired boy, laying down on his bed.

"Hm? Oh, give me a second. I need a stretch! This day was fascinating." He gives as a response to the brunette.

Hu Tao nodded as she reads chapter one of the book, oh, it was a point of view of the narrator, or most, the author themselves. They gave the subtlest feelings that one might kin.

As the wind blows in his hair, whatever might it be, he felt relieved as the freedom he had yet to have was to come sooner or later.

Hu Tao felt the comfort from the texts, even before chapter one, she has seen some spoilers of volume two; where he had debt, she can't remember but it was along the lines: "As much as you seen me, thank you for the life you had given me these past few.. days."

She smiles as Xiao was getting up from his bed and to Hu Tao's side. The carpet they were sitting on was comfy, and basically, they had no ulterior motive to sit on the chairs.

"Look," she points at the first verse of twentieth paragraph. The words ringing on her mind as if she was relating to the words.

"When you can't be yourself, reflect from the others.. What does that mean?" As Xiao reads the words, not getting it. Hu Tao giggles as she explains,

"Well, you know how our past is literally the opposite of what we are today?"

"Hm, yeah?" Obliviously, he says.

"Well! We reflected our own actions to the other, basically mirroring them and being the opposite of what we used to be." She smiles at the obliviously stupid boy.

"That causes even more confusion, but, go on, I suppose." He shrugged as he looks at the picture in the book. It was a person that looks like him, and the other whom looks like Venti.

Oh, he forgot. This was an old book of his that he didn't even know existed till he was six. He's eighteen now,

As the book gives him more context, he realizes that this was a child favorite. Ever since he was an ever going child, he would always bring the book with him, wherever, whenever. "Oh, this was a book that a familiar author made. Look, it was from a Inazuma author." Hu Tao pointed at the author's name. Sumida, was it? She is either really irrelevant here, but whatever.

"Hm, it is quite familiar." Xiao says in his normal tone.

"Stop being so dry. It's very unlikely of you." Hu Tao chuckles at the boy who is looking quite annoyed at the humourous girl.

"Also, now that I think about it, what happened when you were at academy?" She suddenly remembers to ask Xiao how his day went.

"Not that much, it was still the same but with Venti included." He shrugs.

"Okay, but do you like.. like like him?" Hu Tao asks, as if she was serious about it.

Xiao looked at Hu Tao with boredom in his eyes, he once yet again shrugged. "Nope." He looks back at his bed, trying to avoid the current topic.

"Wait, really? What about the kiss-"

"How did you know that-" Getting cut off by a surprised Hu Tao, he quickly shuts up about it.

"Wait, what? That was just an assumption. Really?"

"Hu- No- Yes- But- Maybe, no?- Possibly-" Xiao stutters his words, closing his eyes.

He sighs, inhaling and exhaling, looking at Hu Tao, he opens his mouth; "He did, just on the cheek."

Hu Tao grinned, "Woah, you two are moving quite fast."

"What do you mean by-"

"Nothing!" Hu Tao giggles, twirling her pigtails.

As they looked at each other for a solid thirty seconds, then proceeding to laugh, synchronizing with each other.

How people really don't understand their bond with each other, was confusing. They compliment each other perfectly, as if they have the same problems.

"Whew, wanna go outside?" Hu Tao asks as she looks outside the window just beside her.

"Mhm, sure. I don't mind at all." Xiao stands up, lending a hand to Hu Tao which she gladly took.

--

Butterflies were very common in the area where the mother lives, t'was but a reason she likes butterflies and the glow they bring to the happiness she has had.

Hu Tao looks at the butterflies beautifully roaming around their garden.

"Giving the time to relax is very nice."

"Of course."

"Can we be friends forever?" As he asks to the quiet little brunette.

She perked up and nodded. "Of course!"

--

I love their interaction here jdbdnskshd but it is very ooc, but like.. since when were my xiaoven fics have in character personalities amiright?

Anyways, more xiaoven interaction soon!! I promise!!!