Geesh, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish Owen were on our team. He's actually fought a bear.

"Ooh!" Izzy suddenly exclaims. "This one time, I saw a bear eating our garbage! He had old spaghetti noodles hanging from his big, huge teeth! It looked like blood and guts! It was so gross. And we thought he was eating the neighbor's cat Simba, but it turns out he was just lost for a week. Uh, you didn't eat spaghetti, did you? Good, let's go!"

I am so happy to not have Izzy on our team, that's for sure. The girl can talk forever.

...

"I'm pretty nervous about this challenge. I've been to plenty of summer camps, but this is different. The camps I went to had deer and fish, but this island actually has bears, and moose, and rabbid animals! How are we suppose to survive that?"

...

I helped Bridgette pitch our tent for the night, and it looks great! Well, Bridgette did most of the work. I only talked her through it, but she's a natural.

"Wow, you pitch a tent like a guy!" Geoff tells her.

Oh jeez, I know he likes her, but he's awful at flirting. I think they'd be such a cute couple, but Geoff can't seem to say anything right. I know in the beginning I said that if they became a couple it'd be nice if they got too distracted and eventually voted off because of so, but I'd hate for that to happen now. When teams dissolve, sure, but losing Bridgette and Geoff would be awful for the team. If they do decide to get together before teams dissolve, they're going to have to stay focused. And I know it sounds terrible saying all of this, but I have the chance of winning one hundred thousand dollars. There's a lot riding on this, I'm just using strategy, you would too if you were in my position.

"I think what Geoff is trying to say," I cut in, "is that you did a great job pitching the the tent."

"Gee, thanks," Bridgette says.

I look at Geoff sympathetically and leave the two. That was really awkward.

"What's for dinner, woman? I'm starving," Duncan says to me.

"I don't know, aren't you supposed to be the man?" I rebuttal. "If you're going to be this old fashioned and misogynistic, put your life on the line and go hunt for me."

"Hey, guys, look what I found!" I hear Dj say.

Cute! He found a bunny.

"Well, I've never had rabbit stew before, but what the heck? I'm game," Duncan says.

"Duncan!" I scold him and wack his arm.

"This is my new pet! I'm callin' him Bunny!"

"You couldn't find any food?" Courtney asks annoyed. "Then it looks like we're acting grubs and berries for dinner."

...

We finally got camp all set up. To be honest, it's not so bad. We haven't seen any bears and the stars are really beautiful tonight, and the fire is relaxing. To be honest, I think we have a really good chance at winning this challenge. We all get along, besides Duncan annoying me, but with Heather on the other team, her and Leshawna have probably gotten into it a million times. I think we have this in the bag, what can possibly go wrong?

An owl hoots in the distance, and Bridgette flinches. Yikes, you'd think the toughest girl in the competition could handle a little camping.

"Be cool. It's just an owl," Dj tells her.

"Sorry. I just get real freaked out in the forest."

"This reminds me of this really scary story I heard once," Duncan says.