Operation Fire Widow

Start from the beginning

The three of them surrounded you, holding the piece of paper up.

"We've created a three-arc plan," Carol started. "Part one starts today; we're gonna get you and Nat in the living room at the same time, alone. Then we're gonna take away all the blankets, and turn the air on really high so it gets freezing. Because of your powers, you'll be fine and be really warm, so then she'll want to cuddle you to warm up,"

"Oh come on, you guys aren't gonna actually freeze the room, right?" You replied, slightly concerned.

All three of them looked dead serious.

You let out a long sigh,

"Look, you're not gonna actually do something like that. I'm open to some things you guys could plan, but this is taking it too far,"

Carol rolled her eyes, then snatched the paper back.

"I'm going downstairs now," you told them.

"Good, 'cause Natasha's down there!" Wanda called as you exited your room, earning an eye roll in response.

She was right, Natasha was sitting at the table eating breakfast.

"Hi," you told her. She waved in response, giving a small smile.

Unfortunately, she stood up as soon as you sat down.

"Where are you going?" You asked.

"I need to reheat this," she replied, holding her plate up.

"Wait!" You said, stopping her. "I could do it! It'll be faster!"

You immediately regretted it as soon as you said it. She raised an eyebrow at you, then shrugged. She handed you the plate without another word.

Taking in a deep breath, you knew you couldn't mess this up. You closed your eyes, then slowly began to heat up the plate.

Once you finished, you handed it back to her and smiled triumphantly.

She hesitantly grabbed her fork and took a bite out of it, then looked at you with a shocked expression.

"It's a little warmer than I was expecting, but it's better than how it was before. Thanks,"

You smiled at her for a few awkward second before backing away.

You ended up backing into the counter, your hands smoking as a jump response.

"Shit!" You cursed, closing your fists whilst trying to ignore the growing pain in your lower back.

"Are you okay?" Natasha asked, standing up immediately.

You gave her a thumbs up, forcing a smile.

"I'm good, I, gotta go, I-"

With that, you ran out of the kitchen before spending the next few days trying to forget the incident.

-

"Alright, you've done enough sulking," Carol said as she barged into your room without even bothering to knock. "It's time to talk to her again,"

"What? More operation Fire Widow?" You asked in a mocking tone.

Carol rolled her eyes.

"You guys are just like Kara and Lena, you'll either be the greatest couple of all time or the worst queerbait ever. In your case, it would be because you're too afraid to admit your feelings to her,"

You sighed. Of course your best friend would use one of your favorite ships to pressure you.

"Talk to her at Tony's party tonight, okay?"