Temporary Heartbreak (Taylor's Version)

"DAMN YOU GIVE HER THE FUCKING SCARF BACK!" You yelled at your laptop screen.

Closing the screen, you let out a loud scream as you held your pillow over your face.

You hated that man more than words could describe. It made sense that he didn't shower either. Mother fucker.

Taking in a deep breath, you reopened your laptop. Just as you were about to listen to the rest of the songs, your phone chimed as you got a text from your girlfriend.

Natasha: just got out of the meeting :) 

Natasha: movie night? 

You thought for a minute before typing out your response

YES MOVIE NIGHT TONIGHT! but i wanna talk to you abt smth first

So, with that, you made your way down the hall towards her room. You had a small grin as the door opened after you pressed your thumb against the scanner (you were the only one she had given clearance to open it) 

Your girlfriend was currently sitting on her bed, waiting for you. A smile crept across her face as you walked in, sitting down next to her. 

"Natty," you said, settling in her lap as you leaned against her chest. She hummed in response, interlacing her fingers with yours. "Red just dropped,"

She kissed the top of your head, running her thumb over the back of your hand as you continued on.

"And y'know a lot of the songs are about her asshole ex who needs to give her the scarf back," you explained to her. "I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but I kinda wanna be able to relate to it,"

"What do you mean, detka?"

"We should break up," you said, still leaning back into her. "Just temporarily though, so I can listen to heartbreak songs,"

She laughed, continuing to stroke your head. 

"You know what? Sure. I'll listen to the album too and we can both relate to it,"

You smiled, leaning forward to kiss her. She chuckled, turning her head away.

"I'm not kissing my ex girlfriend," she said, still smiling mischievously. 

You giggled, getting off her lap. 

"I'll be back as soon as I finish the album!"

She waved goodbye, getting her own laptop out to pull it up. 

You then exited Natasha's room, running back to your own room to get back to listening, knowing you could now relate to the heartbreak.

Sitting back against the your bed, you hit play, and listened from the beginning.

-

Just a few songs in, and tears were already swelling in your eyes. You sniffled, running your sleeve angst your eyes.

You knew the story behind the age gap of Taylor Swift and her scarf-stealing ex-boyfriend. 

You and Natasha had an age gap.

Sure it wasn't as big as theirs, but a few of your friends were surprised you were dating someone six years older than you.

But your relationship was healthy and you loved her more than anything. Even if you were currently broken up with her. 

As The Last Time played, tears swelled in your eyes again. 

What if your little short-term breakup became you standing at her door, apologizing? What if she didn't appreciate how you were so willing to break up with her just for a few songs?

Your stomach twisted and turned as you listened to the heartbreaking lyrics. 

You didn't want to relate to them. You wanted Natasha.

You just wanted to lay in her arms forever, feeling her love for you.

Before you knew it, you closed your laptop again and frantically knocked on her door. 

She wasn't answering.

"Natasha?" You said, still knocking. Nothing. "Natasha!" Still nothing. 

You began crying again as the panic settled in. Here you were, standing outside her door.

You only hoped it wasn't the last time.

A sigh of relief escaped your mouth as she opened the door. Before she could say anything, you threw yourself into her arms, practically sobbing into her chest.

"Baby?" She asked, confused. She held you close and stroked your hair nonetheless, but she definitely wasn't expecting this.

"I don't wanna be broken up anymore," you said into her shirt. 

She chuckled, placing her arms under your thighs, prompting you to jump so she was holding you now. 

She closed her door again, still holding you as she sat down on the bed again. You stayed on her lap, facing her as a few more tears fell down your cheeks. 

"Can we get back together, Natty?" You asked. 

Natasha cupped your cheeks, wiping the tears away with her thumb. She leaned in and kissed your nose.

"It's barely been an hour, you haven't been able to listen to all the songs yet, detka,"

"I don't care! I don't wanna be broken up anymore!"

She laughed again, still stroking your cheek.

"Of course we can,"

You let out a long breath, relieved. You leaned in to hug her once again as she kissed your forehead.

"Let's listen to the rest of the album together, okay?" She suggested. "We don't have to relate to the heartbreak, we're just listening about someone else's heartbreak,"

You nodded, resting up against her.

"Never leaving you again," you mumbled, grabbing her hand so you could fiddle with her fingers.

"Of course not, my love," she said before kissing you again.

"Guess I'll stay..." you said with a grin. "Stay, stay,"

She laughed at your joke,

"I'll send you a message in a bottle then,"

You giggled before leaning in to kiss her cheek.

You loved her and she loved you; that you knew... all too well.