2

Kris couldn't sleep.
They were too worried that if they let their guard down for just a second the living nightmare would continue.

The night stretched into dawn kris was restless to leave the soul and go to school but a voice pierced the silence.

Salutations kris.
the voice was unfamiliar but they felt like they heard it before. Kris looked for where the voice came from but his gaze settled on the soul and they realized the voice came from their mind.

I do not have a name but you can call me player. I'm sorry for possessing you.I didn't realize you were alive and not just my toy.
Kris was paralyzed. Their captor and parasite was saying that it thought they were a mere toy. The apology was sincere but it felt more like pity then it really sympathized.

Well now, how about being my companion.We'll have lots of fun together and I promise I won't hurt any one.
Kris didn't want to think about this being's conception of fun considering the things it made them do.
The thought of helping it both terrified and disgusted them.

Not very talkative are you? Well that's okay I'm sure we'll be fast friends you don't have to be nervous.

Kris stared and the thumping heart and mangers to stutter out "W-what are you"

Thats complicated but simply I'm a being from a higher dimension. But I'm human just like you.

That answer was shocking. Kris had never met another human and to see on as this thing

It seemed to notice their confusion as it said
Im different but still human. Don't worry I won't interfere I'll just watch and help if I can.

"Why would I become friends with you"

As I've said fun but also you don't really have a choice because-

Suddenly the world went black. No that's not the right word, it turned off. Kris was nothing, he couldn't see or hear or even think. But they were still their not able to never experience nothing. They didn't know how long it lasted as time didn't seem to exist but eventually it ended. They felt like he'd just been pulled out from drowning in icy cold water.

That's what happens if I look away for just a second. I'm sorry but I can't be here all the time so I promise to only do it when your sleeping.
Kris was mortified. Their existence was stripped from him before being thrusted back to tangibility.

...So do we got a deal vessel?
"...fine"

Good! I won't be in your body so you need another way of taking me with you...
Kris thought over the sickeningly giddy words that echoed in their minds and they moved towards his drawer and brought out a golden heart locket. They took out the faded photo of a younger them and Asriel and presented it to the being.

Oh! That will do!
Player promptly flew into the locket and closed it.

The sun was already high in the horizon and school would start in an hour. Tomorrow would be cyber city and Kris would fix it.