Not a horse fan

The two boys were chatting rapidly amongst themselves, not leaving much room to let themselves breathe. It turns out a lot of things had happened in Manberg within the couple days i had been in pogtopia, on the other side of the same hand, Tommy had so much to say about their new home. A small community made out of the stone walls.

Wilbur came out of his room at some point but never joined the boys in their discussions. He sat a while back from them, spaced out.

I tried to speak to him but the only answers he would give me were a simple "yes" or "no" or "mhm". Something was wrong but I wasn't ready to invest my time into fixing that broken mess so soon, I still had to fix my own. Or at least try.

I picked up my bag, swinging it over my shoulder and sparing another concerned glance towards the man. His hair manically brushed to the side sprayed all directions out of his beanie and dark circles beneath his eyes, had he even been getting any sleep? Or was he just sitting there at night, thoughts, plans, theories swirling around in his mind, unforgiving for his sanity.

I looked over at Tommy, catching his eye for a short moment, but long enough to nod a goodbye. Apparently that wasn't enough for the boy as he came barrelling over stopping short in front of me.

"Be safe woman. Thanks for, uh, bringing Tubbo in from the cold" he rubbed the back of his neck with one hand, his other pointing to the other boy still stood where he had left him. "I, uh, stay safe. Ok?"

I smiled and nodded at him. "Just for you"

He smiled back as he scampered back to his friend leaving me alone before I started my way out of the ravine. I tried not to make the journey outside too much, the climb up the stairs being so treacherous you wouldn't think people lived here, more like you were scaling a cliff.

I got to the top, moving the vine out of the way to see Techno and a horse. He was adjusting straps around the horse, only looking up to glance as I arrived before him. Techno had decided to go with me to L'manberg, of course, Schlatt had never banished either of us so there would be no problems. I hoped.
But things don't always go to plan in l'manberg.

Manberg.

The daily visit of the voice I assumed.

What?

It's Manberg now, remember?

"Oh, right."

Techno looked up from tightening a strap. His crown falling ever so slightly.
"What?"

I looked up. Did I say that out loud?

Well, yes. Otherwise he wouldn't have heard.

I rolled my eyes.

"Nothing, sorry" I took a deep breath, leaning my sword into the ground beneath me. "Just the-"

"-Voices?" He finished my sentence the same time I did. I looked up at him again.

"Yeah" I sighed. He went back to adjusting his horse. I examined him, his usual royal red cloak around his shoulders, except his crown didn't look the same. "Where did you get that crown from?"

"Huh?" He answered not even bothering to look up.

"The crown" I stepped forward as he finished tinkering around. "It's not the same as your other one?"

"Oh yeah," He grinned, swinging one leg over the horse and pulling his body on top in one swift graceful movement. "A while after, we, uh, lost each other, I came across this great kingdom. It was massive, powerful, miles away from anything you could find around here."