III - Battle Of The Two Towers

~~~

Tommy and tubbo came running inside the gates, collapsing in the floor, gasping for air. Me and wilbur met eyes before dropping what we were doing and rushing over to ask what had happened.

"We, we were ambushed" Tubbo spurted out between breaths. His eyes wide, his hair wild from the wind. "Dream, he took them, he destroyed them all"

"Destroyed what tubbo?" Wilbur asked crouching down to speak to the boy.

"The potions" He spoke in barley a whisper. I helped up Tommy, who was shaken up himself before crouching down to tubbo and trying to reassure him by rubbing his back.

"Don't worry" I whispered back. "We'll catch that bastard. And we'll make him suffer for all the pain he's caused us."

He looked at me once more before wrapping his arms around me I held him for a couple minutes, I watched wilburs face, pale, pressing his lips together, eyebrows furrowed.

I pulled tubbo up and walked towards wilbur, I placed a hand on his shoulder turning him to face me.

"It'll be ok, we can do this." He sighed with doubt.

"i hope your right, Y/N"

~~~

We suited up, grabbed bows, swords, axes and shields. I could tell everyone was nervous but the adrenaline was definitely there. We were setting up for the first battle, the battle we needed to win to keep moral up.

Tommy came up to me, his voice softer than it usually was. "Be careful out there, woman. I know you can fight but- you haven't seen them. They can fight aswell." His expression conveyed his worries. I chucked, I had gotten used to his jokes since I was the only woman I had seen here so far.

Although I had gotten closer to them all, me and wilbur had decided to keep my encounter with Dream between us, hoping he truly believed I was only passing through to keep the element of surprise.

"Thank you, I'm sure with our training, we'll keep our stand." He nodded and left walking toward tubbo who was struggling to put his armour on.

I smiled watching the two giggle whilst failing miserably to put the armour on.

I walked over laughing with them.
"Come here, Tubbo" I beckoned him towards me. I felt protective over the boys, it had only been a couple weeks but I felt a connection to everyone of these people.

Like a place I finally belong in.

I fixed his armour, then he turned beaming at me. I patted his arm before he turned round to talk to Tommy.

I watched them, a dread growing in my stomach. What if we can't do this, what if my training wasn't good enough. It'll be my fault if we fail.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Eret sneaking out, I frowned and started to walk towards the gap in the wall he had slipped through. But before I could get there, Wilbur jogged in front off me, and started speaking.

"We're ready" He clutched his bow at his side. "I have a good feeling about this. I think we can really win this for one Y/N" He stood proud as he gathered everyone round, to go through the plan once more.

I listened half consciously as I witnessed Eret sneak back through the wall and straight to the group.

The group disbanded and started walking to the gates, I ran to keep up with Wilbur urgently trying to warn him about my concerns for one of his citizens. He brushed it off calling me paranoid.