Although they were feeling rather crappy earlier, the snowball fight just seemed to liven up the atmosphere and they soon found some happiness after. It was only after some time that they began getting tired from running and playing that they rested against the tree, puffing out ragged breaths as they fill themselves with oxygen. "That was fun," Hermione said and the girls nodded, "We should do that again! Next time, maybe we can ask Fred and George along," Ginny added and Hermione agreed, "Ron and Harry too!"

"I can already imagine all the foul play," Aine snickers and the two nodded, "Without doubt," Hermione tells her.

Just then, from nowhere, someone had jumped down from the tree and surprised the three Gryffindors. Out of reflex, Aine yelped and threw a snowball into the person's face before she saw who it was. His face scrunched up, with bits of snow left on it, making him wink at them without realizing. A small 'O' escaped Aine's lips before Hermione greeted him, "Good evening, Luceras," she gave a polite smile in which the boy returned, patting away the snow from his face, "Hello, Granger," he turns to Ginny, "Weasley."

The girls' faces flushed with heat, adverting their eyes away from his face, unable to his handsomeness. "Oh crap," Aine muttered under her breath.

"Estoileon," Luceras eyes gazed to Aine, softening at the sight of her.

"Hello, Luceras," she greeted him, stiffly, "Sorry about that."

He chuckles, "That was a strong punch."

"Oh! Oh, uh— I'm so sorry. It must have hurt..." she winces and he held his laughter back, "I'm joking!"

"Hah... Hahaha..." 

He ruffles her hair in return and the girl froze, patting down her head. He turns to her friends, "Do you mind if I have a word with her?" he asks them and Hermione flinched, "Yeah, sure. Please, go ahead!" she gestured while Ginny gave him a thumbs up, smirking at Aine who gave her a look. He mutters a small 'thanks' before leading Aine away, nodding to Hermione and Ginny who waved awkwardly in a distance. 

Once they were alone, he stared at his boots, not knowing how to ask her. What if she found him weird because he was too upfront? "What is it?" he could hear her asking him, her big eyes looking at him with confusion. He took a deep breath before he continues, feeling his ears heating up. "I know this sounds a little too imprudent of me to ask but, would you go to the ball with me?" He asks her, nervously rotating his ring while studying Aine's face. She cocks her head to the side, not believing what he had just said, "What?" she inquired, blinking back her surprise.

"I've been meaning to ask if you... If you like to go to the ball with me?" he repeated to her, anticipating her reply but instead he received a frown from her. Aine purses her lips, her brows slanting downwards, "Um, we third years are not allowed to go to the ball, you see. It's been announced that only fourth years and above get to go and since I'm barely a fourth-year... Yeah," she trails off, feeling sorry in turning him down.

"Yes, regarding that, I have been told about it," he answered and she smiles sadly, not able to say the words to reject him because she felt bad. Luceras went on, the ends of his lips curling, "But it doesn't apply if an older student asks you."

Aine batted her eyelash in disbelief, "Huh? Wa— Wait, what?"

"And since I'm older than you, I am able to ask you if you would like to join me in the Yule Ball," he said.

"I—I, I um... Wow, uh— I'm stuttering a lot, aren't I?" she replies to him, this was great news and she just couldn't wait to tell Ginny about it since there's still a chance that she could go to the ball as well. Luceras let out a short chuckle, nodding, "What do you think?"