Two bodies riddled in that underground shelter. My bloodstained hands and that ID badge tucked in the back pocket of my jeans. Did I kill them? Did they die because of me? But are those dreams or memories?

The only thing she was sure of was: that badge was somewhere in that base. And she had to find it at all costs.

But how?

She remembered something she saw on the day of her test: those men were leafing through a file, the same file was placed in Karpov's desk drawer that day. In his office.

But how am I supposed to get in there, if it will surely be guarded? I can't just kill them. Think Anya, think.
She needed a real miracle now.

And then, as if someone heard her prayers, an alarm that rang deafeningly throughout the base went off. Her bedroom door opened automatically, a red light started flashing, alternating between dazzling her and then plunging the room back into darkness soon after.

Anya retrieved her knife, tucked it into the elastic of his pants, and walked over to the door. She stopped hearing soldiers talking to each other in the hallway and then running to the right.

Great. The office is at the end of this corridor, to the left. This is my chance to finally know who I am and what I am doing here.

She slowly opened the door and suddenly the sound of the alarm grew even louder in Anya's ears, if possible. The corridors were also illuminated by a flashing red light and the siren was literally bardrums-breaking.

Anya walked along the wall through the corridors, soon finding herself behind a corner. Peeking out, she saw a guard standing outside the office door. She was nervous, then she thought that the whole electricity system was down, so the cameras were out and all the doors with electronic locks were open.

She braced herself, exiting the corner and moving quickly towards the guard. In a second she was behind him, her arm around his neck, squeezing his head between her arm and chest. The man squirmed and moved, but Anya was no match for him, until he passed out and was dragged into a closet.

A few minutes later, Anya came out of the closet wearing the guard's uniform and her face covered by the helmet. She walked over to the door and stepped inside. Something was burning inside her.

She was one step away from the truth. She closed the door behind herself and rushed behind the desk. Thanks to the knife, she forced several drawers.

This one's empty.
Empty.
Shit, this one doesn't open in any way.
Here isn't what I am looking for..
And.. Here it is!

She forced open the last one and there it was. A solitary file sitting inside the bottom drawer. She pulled it out and squatted behind the desk to read.

ДЕЛO n.17 (Subject n. 17)

She opened the folder, but what she found shocked her deeply. The file wasn't about her.

Barnes James Buchanan
DOB: March, 10 1917
ENLISTED: January 1942
AT: Brooklyn, NY
IN THE GRADE OF: Sgt.
FOR SERVICE IN: 107th Infantry Regiment

June 1943 shipped out. England.
July 1943 posted in Italy. Azzano, IT.

Oct 1943 captured. Azzano, IT.
The subject, together with other members of his division, was captured in Azzano (IT) and taken to Klausberg (AU).
The subject served as test subject #17 for Professor Armin Zola's Super Soldier Serum. Numerous experiments have been carried out. Subject appears to respond well and to be stable.