Pragya learns about Alia

Hospital, Madgaon [Cont'd]

The doctor walked towards the door and opened it. 

"Pallavi!" Purab who was about to enter the room said.

She startled a bit and asked "Purab?"

"God!!! Tu yahan pe hai!!!" a surprised Purab said.

She nodded and smiled nervously.

'Is this the same Pallavi?' Pragya thought, 'haan... doctor bhi hai'.

"Kaisi hai tu?" Purab asked, looked around and got a bit embarrassed. He continued, "I'm sorry... bhool gaya hospital hai."

"Are... mera hi hospital hai so ... no issues." she said.

"Are waah tera hi hospital... sahi." he said.

"Matlab mere aur ... mere husband ka" she said. 

"Oh ok... nice." he said, "par Madgaon kaise?" 

"Actually, he lives here... bachchpan se... so ... shadi ke baad yahi aa gayi" she said.

"Goa... sahi jagah hai ... Aur ... maje mein?" he asked. 

"Haan ... all well" she said and asked "Ye kaun hein?". 

"Yeh... yeh meri Didi..." he said, "aur... Bhabhi bhi... uh... Abhi... Abhi ki wife."

Pallavi was a bit surprised to hear that. 

"Aur Di" Purab said, "Ye humari ek purani ek friend hai, Pallavi... bachchpan se saath me the lekin kuch 6-7 saal se mile nahi hein humlog."

'7 years. She is the one!' Pragya thought.

They greeted each other.

"Abhi ko bhi jaanti hai" Purab said. 

"I know... uh ...  bataya tha unhone" Pragya said. 

Purab was surprised to hear that and so was Pallavi. 

"Achcha tune hotel kuch book kiya hai?" Pallavi asked. 

"Nahi... abhi bas adhe ghate pehle hi pahunche re" he said. 

"Ok... to phir ghar pe hi aa ja" Pallavi said, "Yahi compound me hai. Bulbul ko bhi hum wahin shift kar lenge. She's fine." 

"Di?" he asked Pragya. 

Pragya agreed. 

Some time later, Pallavi's home

Pallavi offered tea to the trio and sat down on the sofa. Pragya looked around and was happy to see Pallavi's family pictures in the hall - of their wedding, while she was pregnant, their anniversary, and with their newborn among others. She felt happy looking at them for it suggested she had moved on and is happy with her life. 

"Aur Purab?" she asked. 

"Bas... tu bata." he said, "kaisi hai?"

"Bas" she said. 

"Kidhar gayab ho gayi thi re tu?" he asked.

"Bas ... aisehi." she said, but she wished they could move on to talk about something else. 

"Aisehi?" he said and smiled. 

"Pata hai kitna dhoonda humlog ne? Facebook band, number band, sab kuch band. Pata hai... tere gaanv bhi gaye the ... phir bhi nahi mile ... I mean kya?" Purab said. 

"Sorry ... karna pada" she said, smiled nervously and asked "Aur ... Alia kya kar rahi hai abhi?"

"Alia ... theek hai re ... she's fine. Abhi ka sabkuch woh hi sambhal rahi hai abhi." he said.