"Y/N, do you think you could take me back down to the basement? I'd like to look for books down there again," he asked bluntly.

"Oh," they looked around making sure no one up on the main floor needed any help, "yeah sure."

"Thank you. There was a few books that I had my eyes on but I didn't grab them," he admitted as they walk out from behind the desk, "also I have to put these ones back anyway," he chuckled and held up the books he had gotten from the basement the first time.

"Ah. That makes sense," they motioned for him to follow them, "to be entirely honest I completely forgot you had those up here."

They lead him down the hall and through the door to the basement, flipping the switch for the flickering lights. The buzzing from the lights unnerved them a bit but they ignored it, sitting on the cold desk that resided down there. They refused to sit on another wooden piece of furniture in this basement after the last time they came down. They shivered and grimaced at the thought of the amount of termites that came out of that chair. Sure the desk was cold and not very comfortable but it was made of metal and wouldn't break because of bugs. They sighed and put their face in the palms of their hands, slouching and relaxing as they watched Chrollo browse through the old books. They started thinking about that offer again while they waited for him. "What if traveling with him gets boring?" they wondered, "though.. That is damn near impossible. Him and his troupe do get into plenty of exciting endeavors, not to mention dangerous," They perked up suddenly and curiously. 

"Hey Chrollo, about your offer..." they trailed off in thought

"Hm? What about it?" he perked up as well with a slight smirk.

"How long are you actually going to tolerate me if I do come with?"

"Tolerate..?" he questioned for a moment, eyebrows furrowing. He shakes it off and answers honestly, "for as long as you'd like to stay. If you come with you're free to leave whenever you'd like."

"Oh really-?"

"But be aware that if you do leave, you might be putting yourself in even more danger than you were already in," he cuts them off.

"I see. I hadn't thought of that. I guess traveling with you would make me a target for your enemies too huh?"

"Exactly."

"I see. And what will we be doing exactly?"

"Well first we're looking for a nen exorcist or for an.. an acquaintance of mine who is also looking for a nen exorcist for me," he grimaced a bit in slight disgust.

"You don't seem too happy about that 'acquaintance' of yours," they snorted.

"I wouldn't really call him an acquaintance but more of a nuisance."

"Oh? Who is this guy?"

"Well he used to be a member of the troupe but it was only to get to me," he carefully places the book he'd been fiddling with under his arm, "maybe I'll tell you the full story someday but in short he just wants to get my nen back to fight me or something of that nature."

"Oh. He sounds like a weirdo."

"Yes. We're all a bit peculiar in the Troupe but he was strange even for us," he chuckled, "he was fairly useful however."

"I see. That makes sense," they fiddled with their thumbs awkwardly.

"Anymore questions?"

"Oh, uhm.. Not yet." 

He nodded and continued roaming around the shelves. Y/N glanced around the room, taking in the details they hadn't really bothered to the first time around. They hadn't noticed the pipes on the old concrete walls, the dust and thin strands of cobwebs swaying in the light. They hummed softly as they patiently waited for Chrollo to finish up. They looked over, and noticed a broom as they begin to grow a bit impatient. They got up and shrugged, "might as well at least get rid of these cobwebs and sweep the floors while I wait," they thought as they retrieved said broom. They started with the floor, sweeping all the dirt into a pile before carefully yet swiftly pushing it into the dust pan that was previously attached. They were a bit shocked by just how much dust was there but throw it in the trash carefully. Sure the basement was noticeably dusty and dirty but they still hadn't expected the pile to be that big. They moved onto the cobwebs after that and made sure the ceiling was almost spotless, careful not to break any light fixtures. Placing their hands on their hips, they admired their work. They hung the broom and dust pan back up and turn around to see Chrollo, sitting on the desk where they had first been seated at and jumped in shock. They had been so focused on sweeping up they didn't realize he was already done looking at all the books again. He chuckled, a small smirk forming as the two make eye contact.