Settling into a New Life

Y/N set their things down in their room, it was already dark out by the time they arrived at the hotel. They fell back on the bed and let themself sink into the mattress, no longer having to worry about being near the Troupe. They weren't in danger anymore. They curled up tiredly, and went to sleep, not even bothering to unpack any of their things. When they woke up in the morning they headed out into the city, and applied to any job that was hiring. There was actually a surprising amount of openings in this city. They had enough money to keep their room for a few months and had one month already paid for, so they had time but they weren't procrastinating with this. If they waited too long they'd just never do it and end up on the streets or couch hopping somewhere in their home town. Over the next week they scheduled interviews for themself, and had gotten a few calls back but took the job that paid the most. It came between another job working as a barista at a coffee shop or working at a library as a librarian. The library paid significantly more so they grabbed that offer in a flash. They had about a week until they had to start working again. They were excited for this new job but they couldn't stop to celebrate just yet. Although money wouldn't be a problem now since they already started renting a PO box, they still needed a new appartment. So they headed out to start looking the following morning. For the next week they scrolled through apartments in their price range that were having open showings on their phone as they traveled on the subway. They looked at a few of the apartments, one or two catching their eye. Everything was going perfectly. They made a deal for the apartment and headed back to their hotel room. They take the subway back to the apartment, spotting a familiar man in the crowd. They saw Chrollo Lucifer a few people ahead of them. They had to do a double take but when they looked again he was gone. That couldn't have been him. There was nothing too interesting going on in this city, they had checked to make sure they wouldn't run into him again before they made their way out here. They shook off the feeling that maybe that really was him and stepped off at at their stop. They headed up to their room and sit on their bed anxiously. 

"That couldn't have been him.. Right?" they mumbled to themself. "It doesn't matter. Even if it is him, he's not after me and he's likely just passing through!"

They reassured themself and laid down on the bed, they had a big day ahead of them. Tomorrow was their first day of their new job at the library. They smiled to themself and closed their eyes, letting their fatigue over take them. They had been working non stop on settling into their new city over the last two weeks and they needed this time to rest. They woke up to their alarm and stretched tiredly, heading into the shower and getting ready for their day. They stopped by the hotel's food court to get something to eat before heading to work. They ordered something small and started their speedwalk to their new place of work. They had a big smile on their face as they walked in, the scent of old books greeting them along with their co-workers. They explained what Y/N's job was going to be and what exactly it was they'd be doing. They would mainly be checking in books at the end of the day and putting them away during the begining of the day, as well as cleaning up every day. They showed them how to know where exactly these books were to go and then sent them off on their own. 

"Now don't be afraid to ask questions if you're stuck! I know it can be confusing for you young people," the older woman called out sweetly.

 "Okay! Thank you!" they smiled at her.

They turned and began putting away books with little to no problem until the old woman walked up to them again. 

"Oh I forgot to mention, sweetie. When you're done with this you'll need to be up front incase anyone needs help finding a book or getting checked out." 

They nodded and the old woman walked off to the front of the library again. They sighed softly, enjoying how the old books smelled as they put them back on the shelves. Y/N glanced at the door as someone opens it, and to her absolute shock and horror, in walks Chrollo Lucifer himself. They looked away and tried not to look over too often as he began to roam the library. They discreetly followed him around, being curious of what he was doing here of all places. They looked over every once in a while, good thing they technically had a reason to be in close proximity to him. He might've figured out what they were doing quicker if they didn't. He looked over as they stole another glance at him. Their face heated up in embarassment as they looked away quickly.