"Here." I spoke timidly, my voice almost a whisper as I held out the towel for him.

He turned around.

Surprisingly, he still held his cool and composed appearance. But his eyes were a different story - they were smouldering with an emotion I had only seen once before.

The same emotion I had seen in his eyes at the hospital.

As soon as I handed him the towel I backed off quickly. His eyes were scanning me again, like he could see right through into my thoughts. A shiver rolled through me and I was almost hypnotised by him as he began to dry his hair. I had never seen his hair so messy as the damp strands fell across his brow like tiny black blades.

"Well?" he prompted harshly. "I don't have all night."

The room suddenly became hot and stuffy from the tension. I wanted to shrink into a ball and just hide away from his dark compelling gaze. Noah rose to his feet. He strode over slowly until he was by my side. He glanced down at me with his soothing grey eyes before they flickered to Zach.

"We're together." he stated. I nearly had a heart attack.

Since when?

I watched as those enticing brown eyes darkened to an almost black shade, matching his soaked hair. They zeroed in on me accusingly as he stepped forward. I couldn't hold eye contact any longer and my gaze dropped to the floor.

"You are aware that she is only sixteen, and you're twenty five?" his deep voice resonated throughout the entire room.

Twenty five!

Noah was older than Zach? When I thought about it, he is much more caring and mature. But he just looked so young!

"And?" Noah responded bluntly, his unwavering stare held strongly by his steel eyes.

"It's wrong." Zach responded gravely, his face void of emotion.

An anchor dug into my heart and dragged it down, the dead weight pressing on my chest painfully. Something in the back of my mind told me that he was not talking about Noah.

"What's wrong, Zach?" Noah suddenly queried. "The fact that I want her, or you do?"

The air in my lungs hitched.

What?

My gaze flew up to meet the rich ebony eyes that were now blazing with fury. He swallowed hard and his hands clamped into fists. The atmosphere was so thick. I couldn't breathe. There was a second of nothing. Then it happened.

His knuckles slammed into the bridge of his nose and Noah stumbled back, holding his face.

"Oh God!" I cried, rushing over to him. "Are you okay?"

He had his hands cupped over his face, so I couldn't see if there was any damage. Noah coughed then removed them and my eyes widened when I saw him. Blood was smudged under his nose and his upper lip was already beginning to swell but he just grinned.

"Looks like I hit a nerve." he laughed, his ash coloured eyes taunting.

Zach suddenly lunged for him again, but I ran desperately in between them.

"Back off!" I snapped.

"Move!" Zach roared furiously, making me jump with fright.

I was truly scared of him at that point. But I refused to move. He sighed with irritation, combing his fingers through his hair. Everything fell into silence again for a moment.

"I think I should go now." Noah announced quietly.

"Good." Zach retorted coldly.

"You don't have to-" I began but he just cut me off.