34) Lionheart the Fierce

I leave the room to escape the suffocating atmosphere of Reeve's sorrow. Such a sensitive guy. Pulling the folder out from my shirt, I open it back up, sitting back against the wall. Where was I...? I flip to the page I was almost to on in the van.

November 27, 1987

Today is the first day of the subject's testing. And to think she volunteered in place of my own wife! My sister in law never was a smart one. Today we'll just give her a taste of the testing I have planned. I wish only to see how much it is possible to strengthen a human before they die from over exposure to the elements used for power boosting. Maybe she will regret her decision, but that is not my problem. We shall see how it all goes.

I frown at the scrawled handwriting, obviously Hojo's. Don't care about this stuff in the beginning. How about... There?

May 3, 1988

Today the subject resisted my shock. Impressive, for the states she's in. Sadly, reviving her constantly is getting quite expensive. I have tried my water and lightning methods on Valentine, but nothing seems to affect him now that he's dead... Too bad. The subject seems extremely resilient since the mako purging treatment and has fought back on more than one occasion now. I don't think she can remember her son since the memory scramble, though all of the others have returned. The president has refused the Deepground treatment in my subjects, but it's a secret organization down here, isn't it? It's only for the experiment. I say it shall be done!