Ch. 2

(Just want to point out, Daffy will be shorter than the other characters in this. Mainly cuz he woke up in the future lol. And he was frozen in ice, that was bound to stunt his growth. )

When Daffy woke up, he was on a different bed in a different room. This room seemed more... Homey in a way. The walls were an aqua color with dark blue markings similar to those based on the futuristic aesthetic. There was this round metal... Thing with lines in the shapes of rectangles on the front with a button on each.

There was also a futuristic scanner on one of the walls, nothing around it to indicate what it did. The was some kind of metal thing resembling a door of the left most side of the room, a screen resembling a tv on the other.

The bed was similar to the other one, although this one was softer, with a heck ton of blankets and pillows.

Daffy slowly sat up, confusion settling in. Where the heck was he now? Was he even in the same building anymore?

What in the world is going on....?

He thought back to what had happened after he woke up from passing out in ice water and he tensed up. His blood turned cold ironically, a shiver running through him as he thought back to his panicked state.

Why was he so scared..... Maybe because he was so disoriented?

Then again... The bullets...

His hands clenched together, his heart squeezing painfully.

He took a deep , shaky breath as tears pricked his vision unwillingly. He has to try to not cry... Crying won't help right now...

He blinked the tears away, pushing aside the memories to prefer getting off the bed and leaving this room.

He glanced at himself to see if he himself was alright, noticing he was wearing an outfit similar to those hospital gowns but also not. That bandage thing was also still wrapped around him, it now glowing green instead of red..

He scooted over to the side of the bed, noticing how large the bed actually was, him swinging his legs over the side. He was pretty high up... Eh, he's fallen from higher up before. He'll be fine...

He tried to ignore remembering the bullets that used to not hurt him...

He took a deep breath, pushing himself off the side. He fell like two to three feet before landing, him yelping as his legs decided to give out. He crumbled to the ground, a wince forming as a dull pain formed in his knees from the rough landing.

He huffed once the pain ceased, and annoyed feeling filling him as he shakily stood , leaning against the bed for support. It appears he'll need to teach his legs how to stand... Perfect...

His legs felt like they wanted to give out again, him clinging to the side to keep himself upright.

Why the heck wasn't his legs working?? How long had he been in the ice water for?

He glanced at the door again, prepared to make his way over to it when a knock sounded from it.

He felt weary about who was at the door. His friends usually just walk in instead of knocking...

That reminds him, he needs to find his friends. Hopefully they'll be ok when he finds them...

He decided to try his voice, managing to croak out quietly,"... H-hello?"

The door slide open with a loud noise, causing Daffy to jump slightly at the unexpected sound. There stood a girl bunny, her resembling Lola alot. She wore a weird futuristic blue uniform, metal glove gauntlet things covering her hands.

Her ears were a bit twisty at the ends, but otherwise almost an exact look alike.

She smiled when she spotted him, walking into the room with a grace only she can pull off. His grip on the bed tightened, him tilting his head to the side," ... Lola...? Isth that you..?"

She paused, her frown fading slightly as a look of confusion filled her eyes,"... I'm sorry, I believe you've mistaken me for someone else.. My name isn't Lola... It's Nova Dahl."

Only one word left Daffy's mouth, that being," oh."

And awkward silence filled the air, them staring as eachother uncomfortably..

Then she shook off the confusion, her kind smile returning," How are you feeling? Any aches..? I'm surprised you managed to get down from there yourself. It's pretty high up compared to you."

He blinked, trying to process her questions while also simultaneously noticing that she was much taller than him.. The bed was half her height, and he was about 6 inches taller than the bed's height.

He ended up stumbling on his words, his mouth not used to working,"... I-i... I feel ok.. I think... Uh... No achesth..."

He grinned slightly, deciding to try bringing some humor into this," I'm pretty determined... Getting off the bed was no hassthle."

She giggled slightly, a slightly amused expression on her face," I see... Do you think you could walk...?"

She walked a bit closer and stopped, him noticing it.

Was she afraid to go in his personal bubble? That's nice and all, but it also feels weird..

He took one step and almost collapsed again, him making sure he wouldn't fall by keeping his grip on the bed.

A small frown of worry formed on her face, her walking over to him while commenting," hm.. Loss of function in your legs.. Must be from being frozen for so long..."

As she did, he felt a bad feeling settle in himself, him looking at her with wide eyes," ... Frozen....?"

She blinked , looking back at him realization," ... I said that outloud , didn't i?.... There's... There's something you must know... But... I'll explain it when we reach our destination ,ok? We need to go to the dr. Who helped you..."

He frowned at that answer, worry filling him as he spoke unsurely,".... O-ok.."

She smiled slightly, it looking hesitant as she scooped him up in her arms. He yelped, surprise filling him as she picked him up too easily.

He pouted, crossing his arms and giving her a look," Why not a wheelchair or something?"

Her smile grew slightly," We ran out of those a while back. Seems like you will have to deal with this.. By the way , what's your name?"

He had a feeling that wasn't true , but he didn't push it.

He decided to comply by telling her his name," .. I'm Daffy Duck. It'sth a pleasthure."