Cinquante-Neuf (59)

Bryn's POV

I got back to California without a real place to stay. I didn't want to stay at the hotel Niall bought me for obvious reasons, and I didn't want to stay with Harry since he was a friend of Niall.

I just want to forget about him.

"Where to, miss?" The driver asked when I got into the cab.

"UCLA."

***

I hesitantly knocked on the door to my old apartment I shared with Toby wondering if anyone was even gonna be there.

"Oh hi," I said when Toby opened the door.

"Look, I'm so sorry and you have every right to be mad--"

"Can I stay here?" I cut him off.

"Yeah, sure."

I quietly walked in and went straight to the bed where I dropped all my stuff.

IGNORE: You actually left?

IGNORE: You took all the tickets

IGNORE: so mature

IGNORE: Bryn, just come back and I'll take you back

Bryn: /You'll/  take ME back? You're lucky I even replied

IGNORE: Britney was right, all you do is cause drama

IGNORE: Talk to me again when you want to apologize

Damn, Niall can be mean if he wants to.

I looked at my clock and saw I still had a few hours left until class. I laid down on my bed and took a nap.

***

I woke up with a gross taste in my mouth and small drool patches on my cheeks.

I sighed and took out my literature book, ready to walk to my class. I popped in a piece of gum and wiped the drool off. I plugged in my headphones and walked across campus to my class.

Without talking, I sat down in the back of the room and waited for the professor. I don't understand why college people don't care about anything like attendance or tardies. My professor never even takes roll. My thoughts were cut off by my professor.

"Jane Eyre, let's talk about that. The end where Jane leaves Rochester. Why did she do that?"

"Because Rochester was hiding a crazy wife," some guy spoke up.

"Which lead to?" the professor asked.

"Lying and deciept," another guy yelled out.

"Exactly, but he did it for love. Now, what was wrong about this was that Jane just left and didn't talk about it."

"She didn't feel like she had to talk about it. It seemed pretty clear to her," I spoke up.

"But running is never the answer. Sure he did something wrong, but he didn't know it was wrong. He felt like he was protecting her and his crazy wife," the professor said.

"Okay, everyone take out your laptops or a pen and paper and start on your ten page essay. It must include a page of summarizing the book, and your opinions on the book. Make sure to include the figurative language used throughout it."

The whole room groaned but got their things out. "Start your brainstorming."

I took my laptop out and started on my summary brainstorming first.

'•Jane goes to orphanage
•Jane becomes a teacher
•Jane goes to new manor to teach Adele
•Jane meets Rochester
•Rochester likes Jane
•Jane likes Niall'

I froze and stared at the screen for a second. I shook my head and sat up straight erasing that last bullet.

Let's try that again.

'•Jane likes Niall'

I wrote it again. Maybe it was just because I was thinking about him while I wrote it again.

I opened another tab and looked through yahoo news to clear mind.

"Child eats 50lbs of Hershey's chocolate, Mom sues Hershey's for son's death."

Damn.

Next.

"Hillary Clinton To Nation: 'Do Not Fuck This Up For Me'"

Weird.

Next.

"One Direction star, Niall Horan, found drunk and passed out at bar. Sources say he was missing his suspected girlfriend 'Bryn Taylor'"

What?

The time of the article was only a few minutes ago. I clicked on the article and read it over about a million times.

He misses me?

69696969696969696969696969

I think one more chapter then an epilogue.

Sorry its been so long, I just don't want this to end.

Dedicated to amber891 bc I was looking through notifications and I saw her first.

I really need to fart.