"So when i am becoming grandmother." mom said and he spit out the water  and started coughing badly. 

The service spoon also fell from my hand and i looked down with red cheeks. Bhai patted his back and made him drink water.

"Why are you overreacting, its been a long time of your marriage and soon its gonna be a year so tell me when are you planning to make me grandmother, i can't wait to hold my grandchildren and spoil them." mom said in an excited tone.

"Mom.." he was about to say something but deep cut him off.

"Yeah little Nigam running in the hall of our home would be the cutest thing and will be the most cutest baby, seeing  the production team." deep said smirking towards us and i just wanted to run from here.

"Shut up deep." Siddharth said 

"What shut up, he is right i also want my niece or nephew, i will spoil them rotten." bhai said.

"Bhai you too?" i spoke for the first time in this conversation.

"Yeah me too because i also want to be a chachu." he said.

"Then ask from Deep why from us?" Siddharth said 

"What bro why are you dragging me into this, i don't even have a girlfriend." deep exclaimed loudly and he rolled his eyes.

"Ok keep quite now, have dinner enough of teasing." mom said and i sighed in relief.

After that we all started eating our food in silence. When we finished our food mom left for kitchen to bring ice creams for us.

"Here you go kiddos." mom said placing the tray on the table.

"Chocolate chip ice cream, its my favourite." i squealed in joy after seeing the ice cream.

"That's why i chose this as dessert baccha." mom said hugging me.

"Thank you so much mom." i said

We were eating it while talking and laughing when his phone rang bringing everyone's attention to him.

He looked at the caller id "Its important i have to take this, you guys carry on." he said and left to take the call. We all shrugged and continued eating our ice creams.

After sometime he came but this time he was looking tensed.

"What happened chote? Why are you looking tensed?" bhai asked him and he looked towards me.

Why is he looking at me, bhai has asked him question, not me.

"I have to leave." he said looking into my eyes

"Where?" mom asked and he diverted his eyes to mom.

"California." he replied

"Why?" mom asked 

"Our company is going to open the new branch there and now there are some major issues which can't be solved with me being here, so i have to go." he replied.

I don't know why but i am not having a good feeling on hearing this news. I am feeling like something is going to happen which will change everything.

"For how many days?" words left from my mouth.

"For 4 months." he whispered and my heart dropped.

4 months. He is going for 4 damn months.

"But chote it is long time span, what issues have came across?" bhai asked in a serious tone.

"I don't know dada but the person who is handling all the work of  that branch, is saying that i am needed there, so i have to go." he replied and sat down on the chair.

Devil's Replaced Brideजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें