(13) Undead Heart Beats - Present

Chapter Thirteen

Third Person POV

Sunday approached and the Cullen's watched as Belle didn't move a muscle. Blinking only when she had to from dry eyes. They would've thought she was dead if it hadn't been the heartbeat that came from her or the raise and fall of her chest.

Her thoughts were a pool that didn't seem to stop. Question after question passed through Belles head and she didn't have an answer for any of them.

Were they really werewolves?

Could they shift whenever they wanted?

Why didn't their bite effect me like a regular one would?

Weren't they suppose to be my mortal enemy?

Was Sam the Alpha?

Why didn't anyone tell me what I would face?

Were their other creatures I had to watch out for as well?

Belle stared at the wall as it seemed to bring her comfort. Unlike everything that she thought she knew the wall wouldn't change. It would remain as it was built until someone tore it done and replaced it

But she still knew that it was just a wall. She couldn't doubt that unlike everything else.

Belle didn't know if this was really reality or not.

She didn't know what was real and not real anymore.

"It's creepy that she hadn't moved," Emmett said, standing with the rest of his family. "I mean, us I get, but with her not so much."

Emmett was used to Belle moving room from room dragging the human male around with her. Challenging one of the Cullen's to a game of chess or wits. Or telling them a story that she changed parts in so it wouldn't sound so violent.

He was use to Belle messing with Edward.

"How does she feel, Jasper?" Carlisle asked, watching the young vampire that had grown close to the family.

He accepted her into the family for what she is even if she was different from them. Carlisle saw her as a daughter and nothing would change that fact. Which meant he was worried that she wasn't handling the werewolves very well.

She had just stopped moving once they returned, not answering his or anyone else attempts. He didn't know if it was because the wolves were different from what she thought they would be or if it was because of the bite that she had received.

Carlisle still needed to check her wounds and make sure that crack hadn't been anything too serious.

"Its a whirlwind." Jasper clenched his teeth as he moved farther back even through it didn't help his case any. "It's like their screaming. I can feel them all the way in here."

Jasper hadn't been able to calm Belle down because she was already calm. Everything that she felt for even a second hit Jasper full force before disappearing and getting replaced with something else. More then once he had to leave the house because the emotions had became to much for him to handle.

He didn't know what to do to help her and wished that Edward could tell them what she was thinking. It would be nice if they could give her the answers that she seemed to be seeking and stop this attack of emotions.

He wanted to be there for her but didn't know if he could handle it.

"I'm worried about her," Esme said, her eyes darting to the food that Belle hadn't touched. "She needs to eat. Does anyone know the last time she even had blood?" She asked, worry clenching her as she felt helpless.