Fight for survival (Avocato x uke!male reader) part 1

Requested by: @Kevin0581
Quick Author's note before we start!
This story will take place right before Season 3 begins (the end of Season 2). That's pretty much it. I hope you all enjoy part 1 of this oneshot! (Most of this oneshot is a recap though)

You looked at Bolo's imprisonment cube while the Crimson Light started to fly over to it in Inner Space frantically. Gary was ecstatic that he could finally save Quinn from Final Space once Bolo was set free thanks to the dimensional keys.

You looked over at Sheryl who looked back at you with a small smile. It was nice to see that she was finally on your side after realizing Gary is all she has left.

Nightfall seemed to be happy as well but it seemed like something else was on her mind that prevented her from being truly happy. "Meant to be together but never meant to be" kept echoing in your head and you knew that was why Nightfall wasn't truly happy.

You yourself however, were trying to be happy, but you knew you couldn't after Avocato is trying to apprehend you guys after being taken over by Invictus.

You looked down at the floor and recalled everything up to this point.

Hmmm.. Gary, Avocato, Quinn.. saving Little Cato..

You remembered Avocato's final request to take care of Little Cato right before he died.

His death shattered you and Little Cato, but you were sure it hurt him more. Little Cato was curious why it hurt you a lot more than it hurt Gary and the rest of the crew. You knew deep down that it hurt like hell because you loved him but you always kept it to yourself.

Nonetheless, the pain of losing him seemed to have drawn Little Cato closer to you and you started to look like a father figure to him.

You kept Little Cato safe since he was all that was left of Avocato and you even tried to sacrifice your life to save him from The Lord Commander himself.

You were able to keep him safe and help him throughout everything on the Crimson Light, you met Sheryl Goodspeed and even got a great hairstyle thanks to her.. right before she stole one of the dimensional keys from Gary.

You and everyone else kept pushing on until you guys flew into what seemed to be an astroid belt. After a second, AVA confirmed that they were Temporal Worms and they were hatching.

Immediately after hearing that, Gary tried his best to fly and maneuver you guys out of the eggs way but a temporal worm bursted out of its egg and The Crimson Light flew inside of its mouth without a choice.

It was a bumpy ride but when you looked where you ended up, your heart dropped. Gary was in shock as AVA confirmed that you guys were sent 3 years into the past and you were at Terra Con Prime.

You looked at Gary frantically and immediately asked "Do you think-". Gary immediately interrupted you, "Yeah, I know he's here.. and so is that dimensional key..".

After all agreeing to get the dimensional key, everyone got down and you and Nightfall put on a suit to blend in with the crowd on Terra Con Prime.

Nightfall went with Gary and Clarence, while you went with Little Cato, Ash, and Fox.

As you guys snuck into Avocato's house at the time, Little Cato took down his past self and hid you guys in the closet as he confronted his dad from the past.

He explained to his dad that he was from the future and even proved it by showing you guys in the closet with Little Cato's past self, he even showed him the "Eyebrows of Everything".

He explained to Avocato that the Lord Commander would kill him, which convinced Avocato to help you guys.

While you and everyone else were heading to the vault, you looked at Avocato in disbelief.