Chapter 47

Tara wanted look around the house but it meant getting down the staircase. But Adi was talking to his Radha aunty.

She was very bored so she thought of spending time with Venu

"Hi thatha!"

"Adade va ma, avan enga ponan"

"Avaru Radha aunty kooda pesitu irukaru, enaku bore adichuthu thatha athaan vanthen"

"Seri enna panlam apo?"

"Ungaloda room la neraiya photos iruke athellam neenga edutheengala"

"Ama ma! Na navy la irunthen, I missed a huge part of Adi's childhood because of that. Apo I wanted to make it up to him so na pora edathula laam whatever reminds me of Adi, photo edupen. When I come back, I will show him everything"

"Wowwww apo enakum sollunga vanga vanga" she clapped her hands in joy

Venu laughed at her and explained the stories behind the photos. He stopped in front of a particular one.

Tara immediately understood
"Paati ah"

"Ama ma" he got emotional

"Avunga madila Adi ah"

"Ama avan thaan" he sat down again and asked her to sit next to him

"Enaku veetla enna nadanthichu nu appo theriyathu. I didn't know Adi was facing so much pressure and he dealt with a lot of pain in such young age. Oru naal en wife - Lakshmi, keta "neenga ivlo kathai avan kita solreengale, avan kita en thirupi solla kathai ila nu yoschirukeengala" nu. From that day, avan kita kepen, school la enna nadanthathu nu, he was always scared to tell because avan appa amma kita solrapo laam they dismissed it or asked him to do better. Avanuku antha bayam pogave romba maasam aachu. He was close to Lakshmi always, one day she...she left us. Athuku apro thaan Adi and I became close"

She teared up on hearing this. Adi has talked about his past but she didn't know how deep he has been hurt. She was thankful that Adi had Lakshmi back then.

She continued to talk with him for a while and then he got tired so she let him sleep.

.....

Adi sent the neighbor off and came back to his room. Tara was already sitting there.

"Enna ma romba neram wait pana vechuten ah"

"Cha cha na thatha oda time spend panen Adi. It was nice"

"Adengappa. Enna pesuneenga"

"Photos pathi keten"

"It was our silent deal, avaru veetla athigama iruka maataru. So whenever he gets back I would wait eagerly to hear him talk about his experience. Ana na enna panen nu keta en kita solrathuku onnume irukathu"

She got up and went to her room

Adi was confused

Tara came back with a frame in her hand. She gave it to him.

He looked at it and smiled
"Namma photo"

"Ama"

"Ipo ethuku ma"

"Was that day memorable?"

"Yes. Aniku we talked a lot la. It was wonderful. Nee en veetuku vantha, apro kovil ku ponom, ice cream saptom, you blushed...."

"Pothum pothum"

"You're blushing even now"

"Seri back to the topic, in the past thatha ketapo you didn't have any stories to share. Now you have a lot. Athellam solalame avaru kita! He misses this tradition and I think you do too. And sharing your happy memories in the same house that left you with no happiness can be healing. Try pani paru"

Adi's heart was beating very fast. She was making him feel incredible depths of love by just being there. This was very overwhelming and he couldn't form words so he just looked at her and hoped she would understand the turmoil in his heart

And she did.

"I know Adi"

He let out a deep breath

"Thank god"

....

At the airport

Rakesh: Bye chellam poitu varen

Aditi remained silent

Rakesh: Pesa maatiya

She ran and hugged him

Aditi: Ithuku munnadi the longest we've been apart was only 3 days. Ipo it's one week. I know it's crazy, 7 days thaan! I know we'll talk but I'll still miss you.

He held her closer

Rakesh: It's not crazy. I'll miss you too. The day when we go on a trip together to my place isn't that far okay? I love you.

Aditi: I love you too

He kissed her goodbye. Their eyes were moist. They couldn't find more words. This was new to them.

....

Sometimes we underestimate how deep our feelings are. In those times, words often fail.
That's the case for both of these couples.

....