Truth and Lies

Koema sat at his large desk, manically stamping paper after paper. Handed to him by his trusted companion Ogre. The child complained rather loudly about the amount of paperwork before him. Pleading for it all to come to an end. "But Koema sir. It was you who let all of this work pile up." "Did I ask for your opinion!" The infant wailed in frustration. "N-No sir." The Ogre muttered lowering his head before lowering a tower of papers as tall as he was upon the table. Causing Koema to cry out once more in anguish. However the door to his office was soon forced off it's hinges by thorn covered roots which crawled across the floor. Reaching up towards Koema who jumped from his seat. Clinging to Ogre as he stood atop the desk, manically stomping at the vines. Only to yowl in pain as it's many thorns pierced his flesh.

Koema cried out as a figure approached from the doorway, dressed in his trademark red attire. His hands shoved within his pockets as sinister emerald eyes glared towards Koema. Causing the lad to nearly swallow his pacifier. "K-Kurama! W-Whate going on?!" Koema questioned angrily as another tendril shot towards Koema. Slinking around the lad, and yanking him from the arms of Ogre. "Koema sir!" Ogre cried out as Koema's wail filled the air. His body being brought to meet the enraged eyes of Kurama. "You lied to me." Kurama whispered. "N-No I didn't!" Koema shouted causing Kurama to visibly scowl towards him. "You did. You sent me into the hands of a Kami. You expect me to believe that you didn't know?" Kurama questioned, his eyes never leaving the squirming Koema who lowered his gaze to the ground. "O-Okay I did know it was a Kami. But this situation is completely different! She a Half blood! Half Kami! Half Human! She's a perfect candidate for Spirit Detective if we can reason with both halves."

"Reason?!" Kurama roared, his normal calm demeanor dissolving before them. Making Ogre and even Koema to tremble on fear. "You can't reason with a Kami. They want what they want. You actually think you can tame her?" "So you did meet her?" Koema asked breaking the silence momentarily as Kurama growled,turning away from the child as his vines began to retreat. Returning to their creator as he spoke. "I did. You could say that she and I have history." He breathed as Koema rubbed his now sore throat. Ogre rushed to his Master's side,helping him stand. Quietly advising him to be weary of what to say next. "What do you mean?" Koema pressed as Kurama gritted his teeth before he spoke once more. "She and i-we were one another's companion for quite sometime. I-I left her side to venture to the Demon World." Kurama began before turning to meet the intrigued eyes of Koema.

"I did meet her again during my assignment. She decimated a horde of Demons without lifting a finger." Kurama continued, his mind drifting to the gorgeous horned woman whom had stood before him. The slithers of sunlight gleaming off her mighty horns. Hair as dark as a raven draped her shoulders nearly touching her lower back. She was breathtaking. Perhaps a temptation sent by the Gods themselves. But she was there. "She greeted me as an old friend. I believed that she had forgiven my leaving. But I was wrong." Kurama muttered as memories of his flesh burning beyond his wildest imagination. The sensation lingered with him. Plagued his very soul till this moment as he spoke. "I felt the rage of a Kami; and when awoke I was healed." "Did she heal you?" Koema asked as Kurama shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know, but I am here to tell you that she cannot be reasoned with. And if you expect me to speak to her on your behalf; you are sadly mistaken. I will not help you sway her, it cannot be done." Kurama concluded, turning on his heels to leave the room. However he was stopped by Koema's declaration to him. "Making her Spirit Detective isn't the only reason we need her! Dark Kami and Demons are targeting her. Even with her power she cannot last forever! She is in danger Kurama." Those words alone caused Kurama breath to hitch in his throat. Why? Why did hearing the fate of one who injured him? Why did it cause his stomach to unsettle at the thought of her demise? He couldn't let anything happen to her. And yet what could he do to help a God?

Releasing a deep sigh Kurama turned his head to Koema before stating "Contact Yusuke and the others. It seems that we have work to do." To this Koema smiled bowing his head in gratitude. Informing Kurama that from here on there would be no secrets. "There better not be." With this Kurama left the Spirit World and returned to the Human World. With the full moon hanging high above Kurama silently walked the streets. His mind filled with the information given to him from Koema. Well information that he forced out of him. She was in trouble. The gorgeous creature who not only revealed her rage to him; but quite possibly might have healed him.

The same Kami who once shared smiles with him in the moonlight. The two joking about the ways of humans in this world. And he had ruined it all. Her trust in him and perhaps humanity was no more. But he had to try. The young man only hopes that Yusuke's brash personality would not earn the wrath of the Kami. He dreaded the feeling of his flesh falling off the bone. The creeping sensation of burning which rippled throughout his entire body. The piercing agony of which caused him to writhe on the ground in pain. Pleading for the end to come for him. Swallowing a lump in his throat Kurama continued his journey home. Where sleep evaded him for a time. While the image of the Shikha Maiden forever flooded his mind. He would by lying to himself if Kurama said he did not wish to see her again. In fact he did wish to see her again. But for one thing. To ask for her forgiveness. Even if he was not worthy of it,Kurama had to say it. Reveal to the Kami his true intentions. Not for the mission. But for them. For her.