It's a date

While your father settled some business with the hokage over time you were able to go around and see the village and some other kids but with the guidance of ninja so it was never just you or both you and your baby sister alone. A lot of time has passed and you haven't seen that masked boy since you first arrived.

~how long is this mission going to be....why am I so concerned I don't even know him. But I do want to see him again....but why~ while you were walking and looking around at the food shops and one caught your eye.

"What's that place over there" you pointed and talked to the ninja who was walking with you.
"Hmm?....oh...that's Ichiraku Ramen"

"A ramen shop?"

"Yep. The best ramen around. It's about lunch time. I'm sure your father wouldn't mind if we stop and eat a bit early" they lead you to the Roman shop and you both sat down.

While you sat down and look at the menu another ninja came in and talked to the one who had been watching over you. They whispered then turned to their left and talked to someone else.

"I'm sorry this is so out of the blue but the-"

"I heard it all. Go on I can take care of it"

The two ninja left the ramen shop on important business and left you in the hands of another ninja. You turned and watched the ninja leave then looked at who was now I charge of you.

"Hi...you must be Y/N the little girl who's visiting for a while with your father." You nodded and smiled being polite to the lady.

"Yes I am miss..."

"Tsunade. Just call me Tsunade"

The two of you talked and shared a few laughs over an hour while she paid for your ramen. You both walked around a few streets of the village while the sun slowly went down and the subject of chakra came up.

"Huh?...you mean to tell me a girl at your age has never used any chakra before?" You shook your head and you both stoped walking near some beautiful trees with flowers on them.

"My father thinks I shouldn't need to learn since he doesn't want me in any type of fight."

"Well why not. You could be perfectly capable in protecting yourself incase of any Emergancy." You shrugged and sighed.

"It's ok though. Just from seeing ninja that are the same age as me already in huge missions. I can already tell i am far behind and will never catch up."

".......well...do you want to become a ninja?" You looked up at Sunadee and she had a serious look on her face.

".....yes...I just feel so weak I need atleast some type of power for myself." You saying this made her smile.

"Well what are we waiting for."

You and Tsunade stayed together as long s the sun was up each day talking and training your chakra in secret. Seeing her strength was breathing each time never getting old. You had to learn how to hide your presence quickly so your father couldn't tell the difference in your chakra.

After about a month you had the basics down and didn't need the help from Lady Tsunade but wanted it. So, whenever there was enough time in the both of their days you'd go looking for her and she'd give you a few hints and guesses on how to create your own Jutsu.

One day you left your father and sister to go and look for Tsunade. While looking you rushed to Ichiraku Ramen first since it was a good shot at where she might be and also you could ask the nice man if she'd been in to eat this morning.

You ran and ducked into the Ramen Shop and when you saw she wasn't there you jumped into a chair.

"Ah, Y/N what can I do for you."

"Nothing for the food. I was just seeing if you knew if Lady Tsunade came in to eat this morning."

"Hmm? Lady Tsunade?" You turned your head to see who was talking and it was that white haired boy. You both made eye contact and a chill shot down your back.

~shoot, how could I have not seen him when I came in~

"I um....yeah" you looked around a bit nervous and took a slow deep breath before looking back at him.

"Oh well. She was sent out on a mission not too long ago" when you looked at him you noticed he had his hand on the back of his neck and a tent of light pink on his cheeks.

~wait why is he acting as nervous as I am-~ while you thought to yourself you noticed his left eye was now covered.

"Wait are you okay?"

"Huh?...oh this. It's.....nothing just-...."

"If you don't wanna talk about it it's ok. I understand something like that can be hard to talk about." After a few seconds he nodded and looked at the food he had in-front of him.

"So...what's going on with your father and the hokage"

"Hm-....I'm not supposed to talk about it but....we won't be staying in town for much longer sadly"

"Sadly? I thought you'd like to go home"

"why do you say that"

"I-" he got a bit nervous almost like you had gotten mad about something and he was trying to apologize in a rush. "No well I don't mean it in a meen way it's just that I would think you wouldn't be so attached to this place after only such a little time here."

"It's ok....I like the hidden leaf...it's people are so peaceful and nice. It's quiet and all the ninja are pretty nice...some are even a little cute" you blushed a little and looked at him which made him blush and rub his head.

You both talked for what seemed to be hours and while other people came into the ramen shop your conversation was taken outside on a walk. Your conversations would last hours as you both shared names, laughs, and interests along with anything else that popped into your head. When it got dark Kakashi offered to walk you home and you agreed and walked closely with you.

~what should I say...she's leaving soon I should at least say something quick there's no telling what's gonna happen~ he thought to himself the whole 4 minute walk until you got to the front door.

"Ok. Thank you Kakashi for walking me home tonight" you turned to face him and smiled lightly.

"It's no problem really" he smiled and put his hand on the back of his head again.

"I hope to see you more" when you went to open the door he started talking again and seemed nervous to speak to you even though all you two did was speak all day.

"Hold on....Y/N..do you think maybe..I don't know....if you could maybe" he looked to the side and tried to avoid or make the situation better by it. "Go on a walk with me tomorrow?...not like a date or- maybe a date but it doesn't have to be a-" your face lit up blushing all over hearing what he was asking you. He paused when he heard you giggle under your breath.

"...I would love to go on a date with you Kakashi. Even if it's not a date. I love your company."

"Really?" You moved closer to him and nodded while leaning in. He stood a bit stiff not expecting her to say yes and let alone get so close to him in this way. You lifted your hand and pulled down his mask just enough to expose his cheek and kissed him.

When you moved away from his cheek you could see his face turn red. You fixed his mask and went back to the door with a smile on your face.

"I'll see you tomorrow Kakashi." You waved while going inside and closed the door leaving him basically stunned.

1,373 words
11/28/21