Chapter 1

Evelyn's pov

Fucking hell, where is my shoe. I hear my phone ring,I look over and see that it is ruby my best friend "hello" i say, I hear a scream on the other end "what the fuck ruby".

"Sorry I'm just excited,you've got a new job as a nursery teacher and you can finally help little kids,I mean I'm not sure why you like the little gremlins but yay" ruby isn't a big fan of children of if you couldn't tell.

"Yes I know,but there is no need for the screaming" I state "ok sorry but that's not the only reason I called you"

"Go on" she takes a deep breath "you know Xavier Marino" she says "obviously it's impossible not to know" that was a stupid question "well his son Noah is apparently starting your class today".

"Are you sure,wouldn't he go to like a private nursery or something" I question "well I thought that but I heard he wants Noah to grow up in a normal environment" she laughs then adds on "as normal as being the next heir to the mafia can get".

5 years ago when Xavier took over from his dad the world took a turn,he gained so much power that now nobody can control him he's above the government,police everybody. Everybody knows who he is,he controls if you keep a job or not and let's just say you better not owe him money.

But apparat from if you bother him he doesn't bother you.

I have personally never seen him but I heard if you look him in the eye he will kill you on the spot,I've also heard he radiates so much power, basically he's just very scary.

"Ruby what does it matter if it his son, he will still be one of my students and I won't treat him any different" I say to her "Evelyn I know you don't care about your life and if you live but I do,don't piss him of alright"

She makes it sounds like I'm suicidal, I don't want to end my life but if somebody did it for me I wouldn't be pissed of. "Ruby I'm going, I'm going to be late" I heard her try and speak but I just end the phone.

"There you are," I grab my shoe and run out of the house.

I jump into my car and drive off to the nursery. I jam out to my playlist and sing Adele.

I pull up and see I have 25 minutes to spare,so I grab my bag and walk in. "Hi I'm Evelyn Peters I'm starting here today as the teacher" I say to the woman stood in the room.

"OMG hi my name is katy Johnson, I'm the teaching assistant" she give me a hug and a big smile, jezze she's touchy isn't she.

"Oh hi,I'm glad we finally get to meet" I say "me too, so this is your desk and mine is over there,you can just tell me what you would like me to help out with and I will" I smile to her "thank you"

"Oh and the children will just come in,the parents may have some questions and I can confirm we will definitely have some children crying" she says with a small chuckle "oh ok,how long have you been working her Katy" I question.

"Only 2 years but it feels like a life time" we both laugh and then I start setting up my things ready for the children.

Not long later all the children start to come in,after about 10 minutes of calming down crying children and consoling parents I mange to get everybody in. Just before I close the door I see a little boy walking up the path with a taller man, and to my guess that is Noah.

The man and Noah walk up to the door, it wasn't Xavier with him but he look alike to him "right Noah I or auntie Blake or uncle Cole will pick you up Alright" Noah nods his head and the man looks towards me.

He looks me up and down but I just smile at him, he nods his head and walks away "Come on Noah,everybody has just come in" he walks in and I follow after him.

All the children are stood around,some with big smiles the other crying or looking scared. "Ok class my name is miss Peters I'm going to be your teacher until you leave,you can sit wherever you like and then we can have a little chat"

Everybody sits down and I can see them making friends, my focus goes to Noah who is sat with his arms crossed on his own and a shy looking boy who was also sat on a table with 2 other boys but not interacting with them.

"Right ok, I'm going to go around and ask you lot your name and something you like ok,and then you can ask me some questions" they all nod their heads.

After 45 minutes of talking I can tell the kids are starting to warm up to me and I may be struggling to remember some of their names but I will catch on.

"Ok, so we are just going to do some colouring, you can all come up and grab your favourite picture" I don't want to put any work on them straight ways so I thought colouring would be good.

Once everybody had grabbed their sheets I was about to sit down until I saw Noah with no colouring sheet fiddling with his hands.

I walk up to him "do you mind if I sit down" he looks up to me and then back down "you know Noah,this is my favourite picture out of the pile,but not many people have picked it,so you maybe want to colour it" I place it down in front of him.

He just shrugs his shoulder so I pick up a pick coloured pencil and hand it to him,he grabs it and starts colouring, "you see over there" I point towards Leo,the shy looking boy from before "he looks very nervous and I'm not sure those boys are being very nice,as there not including him,so if I brought him over here would you talk to him"

He stops to think for a second "yeah,I'll make sure he's ok" I smile and the walk over to Leo.

"Hey leo,I think I found somebody who you will be great friends with" he looks very skeptical towards me but the he grabs onto my hand that is extended towards him.

"Noah this is Leo,Leo this Noah" Leo sits down next to Noah and then Noah hand him a pencil colour and Leo smiles towards him and they both start colouring.

—————————————-
Authors note

Ahh,the first chapter, I hope you guys enjoy❤️