40)

Emily's POV

I cautiously ran down the hallway, quickly avoiding the guards as much as I can. My body tensed as I feel a hand cupping over my mouth, muffling a scream that managed to slip out of my mouth. I heaved a sigh of relief when I saw Harrison's face. 

"Emily, thank god it's god." Uriah whispers as he joins us shortly after, "The hallways are clear. We need to find Zeke and Lynn before they realized the alarm was set off by us." 

"Lead the way." Harrison says, taking my hand and lead me down the other way close behind Uriah. 

"There are people approaching, two of them." He whispers. 

"We can take them." Harrison says and Uriah nods in agreement, "On three, okay?" 

Both Uriah and I nodded before he start counting down. "Three!" He yells. 

All of us came out of our spot, I quickly point my gun at the guards, Uriah and Harrison both launching themselves at them. 

"Uriah! What the hell?" Lynn huffed angrily as she shoved Uriah off of her, rubbing the spot of her jaw that Uriah's fist had collided with. 

"Oops." Uriah blurts, "Sorry, Lynn. In our defense, we thought you guys were one of the guards." 

He jerks as Lynn stomps her foot on the ground as if she was going to throw a punch at them. 

"Hey, enough of that." Zeke scolds, this was the first time I've ever see Zeke that serious. "You guys can settle your scores later. We've got some people to look for because we weren't the ones who set off that alarm." 

"What? Who did then?" Harrison asked. 

"Tris, Will, Christina, Olivia, Cheyenne, and some random girl. And Molly, Tristian, Steph, Zed, Carmen, and Peter broke Four, Seth, Ellie, Eric, and Maci out. We need to find them then get the hell out of here." Zeke explains. 

"Stop!" I called out as they started down the hallway. "No, there's something else going on. Ray said Evelyn was planning to release a memory serum on the Allegiant, she wants to take them down. We have to stop her." 

"Oh my god." Lynn says in frustration, "They just can't stop, can they?" 

Uriah rolls his eyes, "What'd you expect, Lynn? This is a war." 

"You can't stop either, can you?" Lynn scolds. 

"Enough, both of you!" Zeke yells, frustration lacing his tone as he grunts, "Let's move!" 

TIME SKIP

"Emily, get down!" I ducked down just in time as a bullet lands right in the spot where my head should be. 

"Go!" Zeke yells to me, Uriah, and Lynn, pointing to the turn down the hallway as he and Harrison exchanges a few shots with the guards on the other end of the hallway. 

We darted towards the turn, my legs burning as I ran as fast as they could carry me. 

"Shit!" Uriah grunted in pain as he fell to the floor. 

He quickly brought his hand to his thigh. "Harrison! Zeke!" I yelled as Lynn and I struggled to help him back onto his feet.

"Uriah!" Zeke calls in worry, his eyes widening in concern as he sees his brother laying on the floor in pain. 

They immediately started to run towards us, dodging the bullets raining down on them as best as they could. Lynn and I covered them as they did, taking down a couple of guards in the process, but not enough. I pressed down on the trigger again, but all that followed were soft clicks from lack of bullets in the chamber. 

"Shit," I cursed, "I'm out of bullets." 

"Me too." Lynn says, a look of worry flashing across her face.

Everyone happened so quickly. Before I knew it, Zeke was laying on the floor groaning and clutching his abdomen in pain. The remaining guards started towards us, aiming their guns. I shut my eyes as the loud bangs from their guns echoed through the hallway and braced myself. 

'I'm so sorry, my children.'