𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖆𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖊

And that's when it happened.

________________________________

Your dad opens the door and all you hear is a loud

BANG!!

You look up and see your father clutching his stomach. He trips backwards and then hits the ground. You see dark red liquid staining his shirt and his breath starting to get slower. You want to move but your body refuses to let you. You were frozen in place. Just then a pair of hands are placed on both of your shoulders and begin to shake your body. You can't make out the person in front of you because everything except your dad's lifeless body on the cold floor is pitch black. Then you hear a voice, which you assume comes from the person in front of you. The voice starts to get louder and soon you are able to hear your name being called multiple times.

"(Y/n)?! (Y/N), WE NEED TO LEAVE NOW !!! COME ON WE HAVE TO GO. YOU KNOW I CAN'T LEAVE YOU HERE SO PLEASE JUST GO!!", Milo screams at you with tears rolling down his cheeks.

You feel a swarm of electricity going through your entire body and without hesitation you pull out your dagger from underneath your skirt. While Milo tried to pull you back to reality, two armed soldiers had the opportunity to enter your house. One of the men had his gun pointed at you and without thinking you charge towards him. You roundhouse kick him in the face and bring your knee up to his chest. He leans forward, holding his stomach and coughing violently,  which gives you the chance to position yourself behind him. Without him having any chance to react, you pull his head back by his hair and place your dagger at his throat. With a clean and deep cut, you slice his throat open, blood spraying everywhere and his body quickly going limp.

Now that you finished the first one you glance up at the second man, who was already looking at you with pure rage in his eyes. His stormy blue eyes piercing right through you. You are standing near a table and you eyes focus on the beautiful, blue vase standing on it. Without any hesitation you grab the vase and throw it at the soldier. It hits him right in the head and he stumbles backwards. You grab Milo by the arm and pull him out the door with you.

You both run as fast as you can, not daring to look back. You expect your mother to be dead aswell because the two soldier came from the direction where she left to. Your only goal right now is to get Milo and you out of danger. You enter the busy streets of Marley and soon find yourself leaning against a building. Milo and you successfully escaped and are now standing in an empty alleyway.

Catching your breath, you look at your brother. He was totally down and so are you. Without saying a word you pull him in for a hug and cry on his shoulder. He does the same and now you are just crouching in the middle of an alleyway desperately holding onto each other. After a few minutes you feel his body growing weaker which means he most likely fell asleep in your arms due to exhaustion. You sit down with your back against the cold brick stone wall. Milo's head was now resting on your shoulder with his chest moving up and down at a steady pace.

For the rest of the day you were sitting in that same exact alleyway, discussing what to do next.  You managed to buy some apples for you and your brother with the little money you have left, aswell as some new clothes and necessary supplies.

It must now be about midnight, three nights after you family got killed and you are still wide awake. You haven't eaten much in the last few days because you gave most of your gained food to your brother. He on the other hand is fast asleep on your shoulder again. You started to think of a way to get yourself and Milo safe from the military and it must be a place where no one would ever look for you. Then you had an idea.

You quickly shake your brother awake and give him some time so adjust his eyes to the dark before speaking up.

"I think I might know what we could do."