The other occupant of the room was found sleeping in a very odd position with his head down on the small square table. His head was resting on his left hand. His eye wear sitting on top of the small diary with a pen enclosed inside it pointed out him working till the wee hours.

Boudi!!...

Her eyes left inspecting the lone slumped man and she swiftly lifted herself and padded towards door. Tying her long waist length braid into a bun she opened the door .

She met the energetic face of none other than her new sister in law Vinita's apologetic face.

She didn't know she was so apprehensive till then. But her body visibly calmed down, finding the smiling teenager at the doorstep.

"Good morning! Boudi ! ! " Vinita chirped in.

"Good morning !" Her voice was relaxed as she faced this teenager .

"Boudi, I am very sorry to disturb you like this. I myself know how irritating it is to wake up in the morning.. ....But....there are some small rituals that need both of yours attendance. Please come downstairs wearing this saree. And give this kurta punjabi to Dada. " She politely requested Sumita and putting a small smile went towards the staircase.

Sumita was relieved to find Vinita so respectful towards her feelings knowing her circumstances. Being a sister in law and a teenager at this, Vinita was expected to behave in a certain way before Sumita on her first day after marriage.

Chuckling and those mischievous glances towards the bed. Those Ohhoo... The lifting of eyes and asking how did it go ? The naughty smirks...Etc etc.

She praised the upbringing of Vijaya mausi. Many a times, we lose ourself in celebrating an occasion,that we totally forget to acknowledge the feelings of others.

She was still thinking on those lines, when a hen began clucking continuously. Her troubled eyes and feet searched from where this unknown and equally strange noise was coming.

Rounak began to murmur gibberish while trying to shut off the horrendous sound of his alarm tone with his eyes still closed. This was set by him only to disturb him fully and make his sleep run miles away and vanish from his eyes in the morning in a blink. So, that he isn't tempted again to sleep.

Aaa!!

He wounded himself by striking his back hard on the edge of the small cushioned chair to be away from that awful noise.

New day New wounds...

Rounak is not a morning person. Na..He loves the night and if it was in his hand, he would forever like the moon to be a permanent resident on the sky.

Ou...!

His knees were paining as he slept in a really different style altogether.

His moans further increased when unknowingly he hit a small book shelf on the wall.

Sumita quickly went towards her now new husband before he could further injure himself any more than what he had already achieved to do so.  The way he was getting wounded he looked more like a patient than a doctor himself. 

Coughing she broke his self talk of God knows what and stood at a distance of 2 steps.

His face looked doubtful for a moment and then his eyes widened in understanding.

Marriage. Ah huh! He is now a husband of this woman. Responsibilities . And suddenly his shoulder felt a little heavier.

Stopping another yawn before it's completion, he sheepishly said, " G-Good Morning!" It came out some what grudgingly.

Sumita returned his wishes with a very small smile.

" Good Morning! Vinita came to give us these attires to wear for today's ritual. I was heading for the washroom. If you want....You may finish your business first. " 

She didn't want to snatch away the  first thing in the morning from a man who was a bachelor till yesterday.

--------

More rituals ?

 At this discovery, his bladder protested for the immediate release order. Giving a small jump, he rushed to the washroom.

Is it to punish people who has agreed to marry ? A couple of rituals are bearable.

But here everything has a ritual. Rituals started with the sun appearing as well when it starts to disappear.

A ritual to wake up to at dawn and a ritual to follow at dusk. Thinking on these lines, Rounak let the small pinpricks of jet spray to hit his body and slide down. He was on his own wonder land to roughly lather up the woody body shower gel on his arms and chest when his own singing voice made him aware of the one thing .

He is married.

There is another person sharing his room.

And that another person can clearly listen to his unfinished songs as he forgets most of the lyrics and concentrates more on the music and hmms....

Idiot Rounak !!

Suddenly he could no longer pro long this shower and rushed out to watch out if he had really made his new wife deaf enough to walk out with the still almost fully packed luggage of hers and be back to the safety and tranquility of Ghosh Bari.

He peeked outside with his hair strands wet and with his towel on left hand. He sported a Scooby doo soft cotton t-shirt and track pants. She has just shifted in with a stranger and she may not be comfortable to live with a man wearing half pants around her, he reasoned.

Creaking the washroom door open, his eyes searched for her.

Had she listened to his singing ?

Or she was fortunate enough to be out of the room before he started braying like a donkey ?

Or she had the misfortune to come across his singing, and she left altogether to get back to Ghosh Bari ?

Being married has made him think of so many things for her ! And today being the very first day of their marriage .

He needs to stop singing. NO! Braying like a donkey. He cannot just do that to his wife.

Alvida!

Farewell he declared to his one and only platform that is - his shower area.

********

Hello dear reader ! 

I'm back with another chapter 😁. It's been a while. But whenever I start to write Rounak's part I'm so free and faster than Sumita. 

A quick look into her past and the present day of her marriage. I hope you get a small picture of the horror Sumita witnessed to have suffered the aftermaths which you had already read in the previous chapters. 

Poor Rounak now gets to understand how marriage changes something in one's life 🤣. 

While bathing I too forget everything about the outside world. It's like me only. Total privacy . Many a times I have started dancing making me almost slip . Lesson learnt. But yes. I'm similar to Rounak. 

Who else feels like being in one's own world while in shower ?

Does anyone here miss Professor Rohit ? Let me know of your thoughts. 

By the way, thank you for stopping by 🤗. I appreciate you taking time to read this piece. 

I hope you had a great time while reading. If you did, kindly press the 🌟 button and let me know your feelings. I would like to know how exactly one feels other than me, while stumbling upon this story. 

See you soon. And take care !

With regards,

☺️ The author.