Chapter 38 (Leviathan's P.O.V)

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Is she sleeping?" I ask cautiously.

"She certainly looks peaceful, don't you think so?" He replies as he glances at her over his shoulder.

"She hasn't woken up since you kidnapped her?"

"Kidnap? Isn't that word a bit too harsh?"

"Am I wrong?" He laughs.

"You certainly aren't," he finally says after he stops laughing.

"Answer the question demon,"

"Now now, we're both demons Levi, don't call me that like it's an insult and you're not one," he clicks his tongue.

"Don't call me Levi, we're not friends and I am nowhere near a demon like you," I snarl.

"And here I thought we could be friends," he let out a disappointed sigh.

"You and me? Friends? I'd rather be a normie," I look at him in disgust which earns me a laugh from him.

"Looks like I really was wrong to assume that you're just a lame otaku," he looks at me in amusement. "Though, I'm interested to know how you managed to find this room. I won't be surprised if Lucifer, Diavolo and his butler or that other human exchange student, the sorcerer was with you. But you're alone, entertain me will you Leviathan?"

"I asked you a question first," I glare at him.

"Oh, so you want me to answer that first? Well, she did wake up once,"

"Why is-"

"Ah ah, no questions until you answer mine," he shakes his head, a smirk on his lips. I contemplate summoning Lotan right now but MC could get hurt if I'm not able to reach her in time. Guess I really have to wait for the others and in the meantime, I would have to stall some time.

"I have my own ways,"

"Now that answer could mean anything, I wanted a specific answer Leviathan,"

"Fine," I glare at him, "I followed this," I pull down my collar to show him the burning pact mark on my throat.

"Is that..." he trails off as he stares at my throat, "interesting, she managed to reach out to you but isn't able to summon you here,"

"She... she tried to summon me?" I ask in surprise. I know she could summon me but... out of all my brothers, she chose to summon me first? Lucifer would be the first choice of... literally anyone! Or Mammon, despite being a scummy thief, he wasn't given the roll of second born for no reason. Me? I know I'm the third born but... I'm just a worthless weak disgusting otaku, why would she choose me first? Even choosing any of my younger brothers would be a sensible choice, them against some lower ranking demons like incubis and succubis wouldn't be much problem for them.

"Well to be honest, she tried to summon one of you but we had to... silence her before she even manages to get through half of the incantation,"

"What do you mean you had to 'silence' her? What did you do to her?" I squint at him.

"What do you think I did to her?" He gives me a lazy smirk.

"Listen-"

"Oh calm down Leviathan, I was just pulling your leg," he grins.

"What did you do to her?" I demand from him again.

"It's just a little spell so that she'd be a good girl and go to sleep,"

"Did you do anything to her while she's asleep?"

"Protective, aren't we? I have to say, that's not really in the nature of a demon to care for a human,"

"I did say I will never even the slightest bit the same demon as you,"

"Does that mean you're higher than me? Or lower?" Amusement glints in his eyes as he watch me. "Because in terms of the true natures of a demon, you certainly are lower than me Leviathan,"

"Even Lord Diavolo cares for MC, maybe you're the wrong one here,"

"Am I? Maybe that just means I'm a higher demon than Diavolo,"

"Mind repeating that?" Lucifer's voice interrupts us. We turn around to see the others standing in front of the door. Instead of feeling fear, the golden demon in front of me just laughs in delight.

"Well well, I've been waiting for all you. Now the real fun can begin!" He laughs. MC, we're saving you.

A/N: I am sorry for the late update, I know I said one chapter a week but I was so busy with my final exams last week. I still have my final exams this week, next week and the week after that but this week I thankfully have no subject except for Chemistry on Friday which is nice. But that aside, here's chapter 38! It's a little short but all the other chapters might be short from now on cause.... actually you know what? I can't explain why. I'll be posting chapter 39 this week too, maybe Friday at the latest but if I don't then I might be posting it on Sunday.