Chapter 14

Lucifer nods his head after listening to my story. "So Kegan wants you to come back then?"

"Yes,"

"Do you want to go back?"

"Have you not been listening to what I just told you?" I look at him with a 'are you kidding me?' expression and shove the plate towards him, "there, I finished the damn food,"

"You should be thankful you're eating," he said while eyeing the plate.

"Oh, what are you gonna do? Starve me?" I snarkily replied.

"I might as well do that, what with this attitude of yours but you're human and you'd probably die if I do so,"

"Oh how kind of you, Mr. Lucifer sir, should I get down on my knees and shower you with my gratitude and praises?" I didn't bother to hide the sarcasm.

"No need for that but if you insist, be my guest MC," he smirks and gestures towards the floor. I glare at him and clench my fist. "Don't you even think about doing it," he eyes my fist and raise his eyes toward me, the warning clear in his eyes. I cross my arms and look away, muttering curses under my breath. "MC."

"Fine Lucifer!"

"Don't raise your voice at me," he warns me again with a smile playing on his lips.

"You are being such a pain in the ass today Lucifer," I roll my eyes.

"And you are making me even more stressed than usual today MC, so how about we cut the attitude and save both of us from the headache?"

"Pssh whatever," he sighs at my response.

"Now I get what Simeon meant about you having mood swings," he says while he rubs his face. Of course he talked to Simeon about this, he probably even talked to all the Purgatory Hall members about this.

"Had fun poking your nose around, didn't you?" I give him the stink eye.

"Are you really going to be annoyed about it when you literally always poke your nose in my business that I clearly told you not to be so nosy about?" I just stick my tongue out at him. "You really are asking to be punished, aren't you MC? Perhaps I really should punish you,"

"Ooh I'm soo scared," I said dryly.

"You really seem to enjoy testing my patience today, don't you MC?"

"Well maybe both of us wouldn't get annoyed if you just left me alone in the first place!" I said as I flop down on my bed with a groan feeling dejected.

"Well, whatever it is, I'll just say that you won't have to worry about Kegan coming here, that I can assure you." He pick up the plate and stood up to leave.

"Wait what do you mean?" I ask, quickly sitting up.

"Due to your attitude, I will not tell you." Just then we heard a high-pitched squeal and a laugh from the hall that sounded like Asmo. It's probably Asmo, he's the only one that would make such sounds in this house. Lucifer looks at the door and sighs, "what now?"

"Asmodeus, that's enough already, you just saw me a few hours ago," we heard someone say, it sounded suspiciously like Solomon.

"Is that Solomon?" I ask, feeling surprised. Lucifer just shrugs and shakes his head. Just then, my door gets knocked and we hear Asmo's sing-song voice from outside.

"MC! Darling! Solomon's here! We're coming in!" So it was Solomon then, no wonder Asmo sounded so excited. The doorknob turned but it didn't open. I see it get turned over and over again but the door doesn't budge even an inch. "MC? Are you okay, honey? Are you still mad at us? Please open the door..." Asmo's voice called out, sounding worried with a hint of sadness.