chapter nine part two - jaxx's perspective

Start from the beginning

-

"Hello everyone!" The school's principal stood on top of the stage and shouted into the microphone. "Welcome to this year's Winter Ball dance!"

The crowd erupted with cheering and clapping. "At this time, I will be announcing this year's Winter Ball's King and Queen!" Jaxx came out of the bathroom and leaned on the sidewall after hearing the loud commotion. He was hoping for a fight to break out but this was fine. "Thank you to everyone who participated and tried running for the position."

Jaxx already knew that he was going to win. Not because he thinks he's better than everyone else, it's just that everyone loves him and of course, would have voted for him.

"And for this year's Winter Queen," the principal took out their envelope and took out some paper. "Ashley!" The crowd cheered while she acted so surprised that she won. She walked up the stage waving to everyone with a huge smile on her face. She walked to the assistant principal and she gently put the crown on her head. The Principal handed her the microphone and she started talking.

"Thank you to everyone who voted for me! Winning Winter Ball Queen means the world to me. Sure, this is one of my many awards, but who's counting right. Just another one to add to the list!" She chuckled and the crowd erupted in applause and laughter. She handed the microphone to the principal and Ashely waved to the crowd again.

"Thank you, Ashley! Now, how about we introduce the Winter Ball King!" She grabbed the envelope and took about the paper, "winning by a landslide," she started, "introducing our Winter Ball King is Jaxx!"

Jaxx rolled his eyes and knocked himself off of the wall and made his way to the stage. Might as well make it look like he's having a fun time. He put on a smile and ran to the stage, hyping up the crowd, louder than Ashley's was. He cheered on loudly and stood by the assistant principal so he can get his crown.

"Hey everyone!" He said to the crowd and they all cheered, but mainly the girls. "Thanks for voting for me. I guess I am grateful for winning. I mean I wouldn't even be here if my friend never told me to run, so thanks to him. And, yeah, I don't really know what to say. Thanks again then." The crowd cheered yet again and Jaxx handed the microphone to the principal.

Jaxx tried keeping a smile on his face, but he ended up zoning everyone out. Jaxx tried looking around for Levi or Light when he was talking to everyone, but of course, he didn't. Some photographers came over to them and asked them to take photos of them. Before Jaxx could answer, Ashley, rushed over to Jaxx and she hugged his waist. 

"Of course well take a picture with you! Right Jaxxy Poo? We have to look good for the photos."

Jaxx rolled his eyes and pushed Ashley off of him. "Sure, but hands-off. And, stop calling me Jaxxy Poo. It's cringe."

"Come on Jaxxy, you know you love it." Jaxx was about to grab some tape and shut her up but not in front of the cameras of course.  

"Okay, so could you guys go closer to each other?" The cameraman directed the two to move closer to each other. "And could you wrap your arm around her and leave your hand on her waist?" Jaxx mentally screamed in his head and put on an annoyed, but tried to keep his smile showing. Jaxx tried to show at least a happy smile while Ashley here was smiling bigger than she ever had before. "Perfect, thank you thank you."The photographer took a few steps back and snapped a few photos of the two. "Thank you so much, congratulations on winning!"

After the photographer walked away Jaxx immediately removed his hand from Ashley's waist. "That was terrible."

"You should be lucky to be-"

"In a photo with me, blah blah blah. I'm Ashley and I'm the pick me everyone loves." Jaxx started to walk down the stage and Ashley quickly followed him. She ended up grabbing Jaxx's arm and started pulling him outside. 

"Look Jaxx," Ashley pulled on Jaxx's arm so they're at the same level.

-

Jaxx went outside and pulled out his phone. He scrolled through the home screen and pressed a few buttons until he brought his phone to his ear. "Hey, Sora," Jaxx said as he fiddled with his fingers. "I wish you were here tonight. And I won Winter Ball King, by the way! I mean, I didn't really want it, but it would have been better if you were here." There was a long pause before Jaxx started talking again. "Why did you have to leave. The slow-dancing song is playing right now. We could have been dancing together. The two of us." Jaxx let out a sad sigh and looked up at the sky. "Well, I'll talk to you later Sora."

Jaxx hung out the phone and just stared at it. He wasn't in the mood to party anymore. He just wanted to go home and probably watch some 

"Guess your time is up," a voice can be heard behind Jaxx. He quickly turned around to see who the person was, but it was no other than the girl herself.

"I knew you were gay." Ashley started to walk towards Jaxx with anger in her eyes.

"What, no. No, I'm not."

"You were just about to tell him you love him!"

"What, no I wasn't," Jaxx had a terrible lying voice, and you could hear the fear coming out of his mouth. "How did you know I was out here?"

"I followed you, obviously. Now, imagine how the whole school would react if I told them you like boys. Specifically, the little gay boy nerd, Sora."

"Don't you dare!"

"Ha, see! I knew you liked him!"

"I don't! I was just saying that you shouldn't be saying false rumors."

"Jaxxy, did anyone tell you that you are a terrible liar?"

Jaxx didn't say anything, and if anything he became quiet. A smirk landed on Ashley's face with a disaster of a plan.

"Guess now I have all of the evidence that I need."

"As if anyone would believe you."

Ashley went onto her phone and pushed a button, and an audio recording started to play. "He told me that you guys kissed..." Jaxx's eyes immediately widened and his breathing quickened really fast. That was Light's voice. That was when Light told Sora about how I reacted to the kiss. Did she hear? Did she know all along? The audio went on and on, but Jaxx didn't hear it. He was too focused on his thoughts to even know what was going on in the world. "Well, Jaxx decided to tell his parents that he liked boys, and well, it went that well..." Jaxx could faintly hear that from the phone and Jaxx almost started crying.

"Ashley, Ashley stop please." You could hear the shakiness in Jaxx's voice while he tried to step forward to stop the recording.

"Aww, the poor little gay boy going to cry?" She teased him and she swung her phone in front of his face, taunting him.

"Please Ashley," he begged. "I'll do anything, please. Please don't tell anyone."

"Hm, let me think about it. Nope! I will never let this go. This is gold. Enjoy your ruined life Jaxxy Poo." Ashley turned around and walked away as if she were to walk down a red carpet.

Jaxx stood there in complete fear and in shock. His breathing didn't slow down whatsoever, as it continued to quicken. Sure Jax was going to the dance with Sora, but if anyone asked he was going to say they were friends. He didn't intend for anyone to find out about his crush.

Jaxx didn't want to go back into the gym, where everyone was. So he walked around the gym and made his way to the parking lot. He looked down the entire time. Didn't even try to look up when someone called his name or if someone walked about to walk into him.

He got to the car, took out his keys, unlocked the car, and sat in the driver's seat. He quickly locked the car and slammed his head into the steering wheel. He did it a couple of times too. I wasn't too hard of a slam, but it hurt enough to leave a red mark on his forehead.

Tears streamed down the poor boy's face. He just wanted a calm, fun night where he could hang out with his friends. And here he is. Crying in his car with his date who went up and left him and his friends who are nowhere to be found.

Jaxx wiped his eyes and started driving out of the parking lot. He put on some music and blasted it on his radio as loud as he could. He was probably going to drive around for a bit, then probably go home and watch some anime. 

This night could have gone a lot better.