Chapter 2: Boy Next Door

Start from the beginning

-Songsu? – I asked, confused.

-Oh! Yong Songsu is a kind guy from the art department. – Changbin mentioned.

-Exactly! And Han is right, you should come with us to the party. – Minho said before Audrey nodded.

-I will go! – Audrey smiled.

-I guess I'll go too. – I agreed, making my friends beam with excitement.

-The party is this weekend, and you'd better introduce yourselves to Songsu before the event if you want to cause a good impression. – Minho winked at Audrey, making her blush and chuckle.

-What is it? – I asked, confused.

-Felix, he's the guy I found attractive since we arrived. – Audrey pointed out, making my jaw drop.

-And why didn't you tell me?! – I asked, confused.

-I told you! But you weren't paying attention! – Audrey complained before I looked at my friends and nodded at Audrey's words.

-She did, but you were daydreaming. – Han mentioned.

-Yup! – Changbin nodded.

-Alright, alright, it was my fault. – I gave up before taking a deep breath, causing my friends to chuckle at my reaction.

*After school hours*

-Hyunjin's POV-

Today's lessons ended pretty well, and even though I almost drowned under too much social anxiety, I pulled through. Right now, everyone exited the classroom in a hurry, just like I did. After today's lecture, a new project got assigned, and I immediately began sketching during painting class. Therefore, I want to continue with it and have time myself before visiting my father's house.

Currently, I'm sitting down while having my apron on and a brush in hand. I'm delicately following my sketch while adding color to each stripe. The music is on as I'm relaxing after a heavy first day at the institute. This escape was what I needed after the hectic ambiance I got exposed to as soon as I arrived.

-I knew you would be here. – I heard my step-brother say, causing me to release a short sigh. Then, I sensed him sitting beside me with a stool he grabbed.

-Yes, I want to finish a project. – I pointed out without saying anything else.

-Hyunjin, this is the first day; relax, brother. – Minho subtly smiled before leaving some brushes on the table beside the easel. -I bought them two days ago, and I wanted to give them to you for the new school year. – Minho kindly said, causing me to grin at him.

-Thank you. – I said before placing my brush down, and then I looked at Minho.

-Do you want to go home with me? – Minho asked.

-No, you leave first; I want to stay a bit longer. – I told Minho, who nodded in response.

-Hyunjin, I missed you today, and I'm sorry I didn't search for you during school. – Minho spoke, concerned, before holding my shoulder.

-It's alright. I also left you alone since you were with some new students. – I mentioned before looking away from my brother.

-Get used to it because they are my friends. And they are good people; I like them a lot. – Minho spoke, causing my eyes to grow after hearing his words.

I looked at my brother, concerned. But he gently stroked the back of my head and smiled at me. -You should get to know them, especially Felix. He's a kind-hearted guy, very open-minded and optimistic. His best friend, Audrey, is also like him. But honestly, I think you may like Felix the most. – Minho smiled at me before standing up and taking his backpack.

-Why do you want me to meet them? – I asked, not agreeing with my brother's suggestion.

-As I told you before, I think they are good people. – Minho repeated before cluttering my hair. -Enjoy the brushes, and I'll see you at home when you decide to go. – Minho told me before walking away from me, but then I turned around to look at him.

-Who did you say I would like the best? – I asked, still having Minho's words on the back of my head.

-Lee Felix. He's from Australia and could empathize with you the most. He's in the classroom next to yours. – Minho explained as he looked at me, stopping his way to leave.

-Why I might like him? – I questioned, slightly anxious.

-Felix and I had known each other for almost a year, and I believe he's a great person. He's very kind, and his personality is warm and like if someone gave you a big hug. And as far as I'm aware, Felix keeps his sorrow sealed away from our eyes. I only know since he opened up after he arrived in Seoul. – Minho explained before taking a deep breath, briefly smiling at me. -Think about it and make up your mind. – Minho spoke while turning away and walking out of the classroom.

Lee Felix?

I tried to remember the person Minho was referring to; after all, I noticed new students around the school.

-Is he talking about him? – I questioned while picturing the guy beside a red-haired girl; he's blonde and has freckles, big eyes, and a gentle look on his face.

While thinking about this new guy, I continued to focus on my painting. And gently, I stroked the rose's petals as flashes from Felix began to come into my head.