I

Past I

"I'm sorry Professor... that Pokemon isn't listening to what I say.. could I have another Froakie?"

"Of course, I'll have my assistant send one over."

I hop over to Scyamore's pokemon field. Just to be alone.

"Froakie.. again you're here..?" I turn my head to see the fox pokemon. Who's face seemed worried.

"Yes... I'm here again... Fennekin..."

"You know, I'm starting to get more worried now. Since you're in this behavior. It's not right for a starter to act like this." She said in a worried tone.

"Please." I scoff. "Those trainers wouldn't believe what I want." It caused the fox to raise an eyebrow with a head tilt.

"What is it?"

Present

I awake myself. Why am I awake? I lift myself up and check the hole in the black void. To see Ash sleeping in his sleeping bag. Let's hope I don't wake them up. I get out of my Pokeball. Quietly as I am, I get out of the tent. Just to see leaves sometimes falling with the wind or getting pulled to make noise. I walk over to the river, while it continues to stream like an endless cycle. I look up to the moon and things came up to my mind.

'Love.'

Was Olympia actually right.. about love? Do I really need love, a bond from my trainer? Or someone else...

"No, I don't believe such a thing... an object I want to avoid... though... ever since I evolved into Greninja..."

'We're gonna get stronger, let's go!!!' The transformation from Ninja Village felt like a mimic. How Ash and I were 'one.' And the so-called 'Hero' of the village. Could it be possible that—

"Froga—I mean, 'Greninja,' what are you doing up so late?" The grown fox, known as Braixen came out of the other tent and walked towards me.

"Oh... Braixen.. nothing really, after the events of.. well.. the village." I turned to continue the conversation.

"Ninja Village."

"Yeah..."

An awkward silence happens. Neither one of us spoke. I sat down.

"Wanna... sit down with me?"

"Sure. Thank you for the offer." She sits down next to me.

While I look down at the water stream. I was only reflecting on myself. Then Braixen entered the frame.

"So."

"So... wait, were you awake when I was up?"

"No, I—"

"I'm very irresponsible..." My head was down already with water coming out from my eyes.

"No, no! I didn't wake up because of you, don't worry you're fine." She fixed the situation by patting me on the back.

"Oh? Well." My head rose up and I wiped my teary waterfall. "Why did you wake up?" She looked down at the water.

"Well, I'm kind of worried for Eevee. This is going to be her first performance. Sure, she could dance gracefully. But, I still get the feeling this wouldn't work. Like my first performance..."

I suddenly remember the accident that occurred. When I was a simple Froakie. And that day really affected me...

My hand grabbed her shoulder. "Don't worry about it. Serena, Pancham, and you helped her throughout training plus your motivations and cheering have been giving her good times. So, don't worry too much. Keep it up and everything will be fine." This left the fox dumbfounded.

"T-thank you, I think I needed some advice." She rubs the back of her head.

Then we return back to the water frame. Realizing that my hand is still on her shoulder.

"A-ah!" I release my hand away from her. "I'm very sorry..."

"Oh, Greninja. You really do apologize a lot."

"Well, I'm very sorry—"

We made eye contact for a short time. Then we started to laugh and I apologized again for while now, I and she stayed awake throughout the night.

"This is nice." We both look at the moon.

"Mhm." Something came to mind. "Isn't it your guy's performance tomorrow?"

"AH!! THAT'S RIGHT!!!" She immediately got up and ran to her tent. I got nothing to do so I went to her tent. Already she was looking for something, then she grabbed Serena's guidebook.

"What're you gonna do?" I asked politely.

"To find the time— " Braixen's jaw dropped and let the phone land on Serena's head.

"Ow!" She woke up to see her half up and rubbing her head. I exclaim at the sudden hit. I then look where Braixen's direction was headed. Sunlight has come, brightening us.

"Ninja.." |"Oh.."|

"Brai-xen-xen!!" |"Serena I'm so sorry!!"| She said is worrisome.

"Oh, it's okay Braixen. It was just an accident." Serena smiled at her. Braixen was relieved.

Afterward, Ash, Clement, and Bonnie soon woke up. They unpacked everything. And we were set to Couriway Town. Serena insisted Eevee and Pancham come out for their next showcase and see the performance stage. About me? Well.

"You don't want to return in your Pokeball?" Pikachu said.

"Yeah, just explain to Ash. Please."

"Hm, I'll see what I can do." Pikachu sprints off to Ash and explains to him while I'm hanging on a tree.

"Let's hope this work-"

"It's okay Greninja! You can be out for a while!"

"Gren.." |"Phew.."|

I come down, walking to them. I kneeled down to Eevee, she was a little startled by my presence. I pat her head. "Gren-nin-ninja." |"You'll be great.| I smile. "Eboi!" |"Thank you!"| She was getting a little teary. I get back up.

"Alright everyone, we're off!!" Ash said being pumped up.

"In that case, we'll race there! See ya!!" Serena quickly ran off from everyone, and her fellow Pokemon also follow her.

"Alright, then it's settled!!" Ash runs off.

"Gren-ninja..." |"Wow that quick..."|

"Pika-pika!!" |"C'mon we gotta catch up!!"| Pikachu sprints up to Ash and crawls up to his shoulder.

"Ninja..." |"Oh well..."| A sweat drop appeared and I begin dashing to catch up.

"Yay! C'mon Clement!"

"Guys, please wait up!!" As usual, Clement is the slowest among us.

"Dedenne!" |"Let's go!" Squishy was excited about the sudden event that is happening.

A blue light came out of Clement's pocket. It appears on the ground with the outlines gone. It was Chespin.

"Ches-Chespin!!" |"I'm not losing to this race!!"| Chespin, using his maximum speed, catches up to where Braixen is.

"Braixen!" |"Hello!"| She greeted her little grass friend.

"Ches CHES CHESS!!" |"I'm GONNA WIN THISSS!!"| He sprints even further suddenly he trips. I shoot out my tongue and save Chespin from falling.

"Ninja-Ninja-Greninja." |"Always watch your step."| I grab him and put him on my head while my hands help him stay still. Basically carrying him.

"CHES, Chespin-Ches!!" |"HEY, I'm not a child you know!!" Braixen giggles and I give out a laugh. So do the others.

After a little run, we finally made it to Couriway Town. And dare I say. I think they'll definitely win.