𝒙𝒊. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒆𝒔

Start from the beginning

"Tate! Hurry!" called Sarah, looking behind at the girl, who was now rubbing her eyes in exhaustion. She had no idea why or how Tatum could he so tired - she had bearly moved in two days! And before that, she was living in a small bunker, where there wasn't enough room to move. So, how she was so sleepy? Sarah had no idea.

When she finally began walking, a hand went across her arm. Went across TJ's face.

"Oh, no. Tate, don't!"

Obviously, John B didn't speak clearly enough.

Because now the man was on the floor, the baby was wailing away in Sarah's arms, and Tatum was straddling the rude bitch that slapped her brother.

"I mean, at least she's awake now," Sarah pointed out, wincing in reaction to the girl's fist colliding against the man's face over and over again.

"She went straight from zombie to werwolf," agreed John B, not sure whether he should stop her or not. The man definitely deserved a few blows to the face, but Tatum somehow couldn't seem to fight someone without killing them anymore. Remembering the way she lashed out the last time her friends tried pulling her back from hurting someone, John B smartly decided to not drag Tatum away. Sarah was right - she was definitely awake now.

Standing beside the one-sided fight, the man's wife screamed and cried for help, scared of the crazy teenage girl as she began to strangle her husband.

"Tate, maybe that's enough now, huh?" John B suggested unsurely when people of the streets swarmed around the girl. Certainly, someone was bound to recognise her from all the articles; they'd seen at least seven paper's about 'The Midnight Ghoul' in the space of one hour of searching the island.

But Tatum didn't care about the people around. Tatum didn't care about the phones in her face. Tatum didn't care about the screaming wife. Tatum didn't care about anything as she smirked darkly and slowly squeezed the air out of this man's lungs.

"Hey!"

Cops. Cops. Cops. Everywhere.

Alarmed and panicked, John B ripped Tatum away from the dead body, flung her over his shoulder once again and sprinted through the town, ignoring the angry protests of the citizens behind. They weren't even a little upset over the situation until after the guy died - well, maybe his wife was, but that was expected. Running ahead of them with a baby in her arms, Sarah Cameron spun around a dark corner to get away from the police trying to trap them from the other side of the path.

"Are you happy now, Tate?!" asked John B in a shout, not hearing himself over the wind he was bolting through. "Gonna pop out a giggle anytime soon?! Please?!"

"I'm a fucking horrible person," she said, but her tone was careless. Humorous. "Is it terrible that I wanna do it again?"

"No, not at all - I'm sure anyone would," lied John B, trying to keep the girl as sane as possible for as long as he could. Though, he was pretty sure the word 'sane' didn't have a special feature in Tatum Quinn's very limited dictionary. Insane probably was, but not sane. Definitely not sane.

They were on a police chase again. Because Tatum killed someone again. Was this becoming their new normal?

She shrugged and leapt off his back, giggling and spinning around over the road.

A car hit her.

"You stupid, fucking pricks, I'll kill you all!" she threatened the three people in the truck, like she wasn't the one who literally just began dancing over a busy road for no reason.

"No, you won't," said John B quickly, running over before she could cause anymore damage and, once again, lifting her into his arms. Watching over this girl was better than any workout he'd ever tried. He finally understood how JJ stayed so fit - he was always carrying a squirming, hyperactive Tatum.