24. End of New Saporia

20 minutes, it was all it took for the Saporians to put in place a gigantic flying ship, with 3 balloons supporting it, put the quirinium in and take off.
Where did they even find that ship ? Camalia didn't remember seeing it before, but man it was cool.

Of course it was terrifying. They were still going to use it to blow up the city and everyone inside, but the boat in itself was incredible. Imagine using it for transportation between countries ? If it becomes regular, then people would invent ways to make it faster, design and make their own, and the sky would be filled with travellers sailing the clouds.

While the Saporians were loading the ship, the guitare girl saw Varian, Rapunzel, the horse (seriously what was up with that horse), Maybe-Fake Flynn Rider, his pal and a lady Camalia didn't recognize, sneak near the boat and watch.
They seemed to be saying things but she was too far to hear.

Suddenly their attention seemed to be pulled somewhere else and when she looked, Camalia noticed a royal carriage she hadn't seen before, and they were putting their majesties the vegetables in.
Andrew used a key to lock them in, and gave that key to Kai, that was the driver.

-Take them to the outskirts of Corona to watch their kingdom fall. Once it's done, get rid of them.

The carriage immediatly left, and of course, the princess asked Maybe-Fake Flynn Rider, his bald friend, the horse (she had so many questions about that horse) and the lady to follow him and free the royals.
Meanwhile, she would sneak on the ship with Varian. It made sense, Varian probably being the only one able to disable it.

As soon as the bigger group left, Andrew raised his sword up and high from the ship, looking overconfident and smug.

-For Saporia.

With one swift movement, he cut the last rope tying them to the ground and the balloon ship started to rise. Camalia gaped at the massive ship being lifted into the air. From her point of view, it was impressive, and she was locked behind walls. How terrifying must it have been for the princess and Varian that were right under it.

-We have got to get on that ship.

Camalia blinked, and suddenly the princess that just spoke was gone, promptly lifting Varian in the air with her.
Nevermind the ship, the princess of Corona using her mile long hair to attach herself to the ship as it flew was the most remarkable thing she had seen all day.

Soon, they were all flying over the city, and the main actors were merely dots in the sky.
Understanding she won't be knowing more, Camalia slid back down on the ground, mindlessly reaching for her guitare, pulling her hand back with a sharp inhale when she remembered it was gone.

The new silence started to oppress her, and despite her search for a distraction, any distraction, all she could see was darkness, even the small flickering of the torches outside her cell not enough to bring her comfort.

Suddenly she was back in time, back when she was having her yearly crisis, all alone, in the dark, waiting for the next strike from her tormentors. The music mage felt her breath get short, each one getting harder and harder to inhale and exhale. The corner of her vision was filled with dark and the silence was filled with the thummering of her heart and soft whimpers.
She had to get out, she had to get out.

She pressed her knees against her chin, wrapped her arms around her head but it wasn't enough to bring her comfort, to stop the panic swirling inside of her. She heard more than she felt tears dropping from her eyes to the floor, unstoppable rivers she struggled to wipe in order to see more clearly.

How come this cell that was once her home now held over her such fear ?

Her cell was suddenly bathed in a powerful green light as a deafening explosion occured right above the castle.
Struggling to get up, surprised to see how weak she felt, she scrambled to the window, and, pressing her head strongly enough against the cold stone, she could see a gigantic green cloud slowly dissipating above her.
A minute passed, and suddenly there was a bright yellow dot crashing through the cloud and plummeting down.

As the light subsided but the thing kept falling, Camalia's eyes widened when she realized it was the princess. How did she glow ? She had never seen this before, but if she had to take a wild guess, the yellow glimmer must have something to do with the yellow mile long magic hair.

She landed right outside the castle, and a short sigh of relief passed the mage's lips. She might hate her parents, but the princess hadn't done anything so far to deserve hate from her part.
Except denying help to a 14 years old boy. And dragging him into a storm. And making him ennemy of the state.
But well, that was Varian's opinion ! She could make her own.

Since there was nothing else interesting to look at, Camalia was about to let herself slide back down to the ground, but the brutal shot of fear coursing her body stopped her, and she gripped the rock tighter. If she turned around, she'd be faced with the silence and darkness of the jail, and as of right now, she needed the only distraction she could get : outside.

Shifting to get comfortable, the music mage let out a joyless laugh. She was free ! After all this time, she was free from the curse, and yet. And yet she didn't seem to be able to free herself for good from her memories.
Gazing at the castle's courtyard, bathed in the soft moonlight, animated by some wind she could feel, and chirps of early birds and restless bugs, her heart squeezed.
Was she free ?
The curse was gone, but the memories were there. The hidden scars. Would they heal ? Can scars heal ?

The sound of the jail's door opening cut her off her brooding and she sprung around, almost expecting Varian to greet her, for some reason.

Instead, she saw Maybe-Fake Flynn Rider and his crew (the horse, the lady and his pal), putting the Saporians in the cell in front of hers.
The sight was the weirdest she had ever seen. Kai was the only one standing, looking rather beat, with various scratches and a black eye, and an arm's bruises who's color was not signaling anything good. His famous mustache was missing, as if it had been cut clean.
The others were... balloons. Quite the turn of tables, kind of ironic when you thought about it.
Maisie and Juniper were stuck in the same transparent bubble, sitted against eachothers, looking quite annoyed with the situation.
Behind them, Clementine was in her own bubble, while Andrew had... only his head in the bubble, but didn't seem to be able to pop it, making him float like everybody else.

To make sure they didn't float away, Kai was holding them all with a cord, each for each bubble, making them look like, well, balloons.

In any other circumstances, she might have laughed, pocked fun of them, gloat, perhaps. But instead, she just felt relief. So much relief that she wasn't alone anymore, that she had something to look at. She slid back on the ground, not wanting to talk, but staring at her past friends. And others.

Once the guards were gone, Maisie opened her mouth, looking like she wanted to say something, her eyes drifting to the girl, but at the last second, she looked away and kept silent.

The silence lingered, less oppressing than before, until Andrew cursed and started grumbling to his crew about their failure, and some banter started to rise. Camalia didn't say a thing, watching as they talked... Well more like argued to each other. How silly it was, that she felt comfort in them, in that.

God, she was pathetic.
Pathetic and so alone.
So desesperate.

As the night passed the silent came back, and everyone went to sleep. Everyone but Camalia, even if her eyes threatened to shut close every second, she had to keep them on the Saporians. She had to be sure they were there. That she wasn't alone. That it was okay.
But despite her fight, her eyelids were too heavy, and she fell into the comfort of sleep.

Nothing was okay.