chapter three

。˚ 。˚ 。˚ 。˚ 。˚ 。Katya。˚ 。˚ 。˚ 。˚ 。˚ 。

。˚ 。˚ 。˚ 。˚ 。˚ 。
Katya
。˚ 。˚ 。˚ 。˚ 。˚ 。

''Now that's more like it.'' Tamar smiled at Katya as she emerged from a small cabin.

Katya looked down at herself and her new attire, lent to her by Tamar. It felt strange wearing pants that actually fit her, her white shirt was replaced with a different one that wasn't torn. Along with her bandana, which she tied around her unbelievably messy hair, she looked like a proper sailor.

''What are all these for?'' She ran her hands over straps on her thighs.

''Knives, daggers, axes, whatever fits in there,'' Tamar replied nonchalantly.

Katya's widened eyes stared at her and she looked at her attire, for the first time noticing all the blades and axes Tamar had on herself.

''And here's the first one for you.'' Tamar offered her a beautiful dagger. It had a double edge and a red handle, it looked like it could be handled swiftly if someone knew how to. But that Katya didn't.

''Oh, no.'' She put her hands up in a defensive manner. ''I couldn't. I already have your clothes, I can't take the dagger too. I have no idea how to use it.''

Tamar grabbed her wrist and turned the dagger so the handle landed on Katya's palm. ''Yes, you can. It's my gift to you and I can teach you how to use it.'' Her smile was sincere.

Katya studied the blade in her hand as her fingers wrapped tightly around the handle. She smiled gratefully at Tamar before carefully strapping it to her thigh. She had to admit it didn't feel wrong being there.

''Now give me your other hand.'' Tamar offered her palm.

Katya looked down at her bandaged hand before she held it close to her chest. ''What for?''

It was a stupid question, in all honesty, she knew Tamar was a Heartrender and was most likely trying to help with healing her wound. Katya wasn't even sure if it was that bad considering she had it bandaged all this time since she cut herself on a piece of glass. She decidedly ignored the pain whenever she held something in her hand.

''I don't want you to die from a rare unnamed bacteria while at sea because your wound got infected. Come on now.'' Tamar shook the hand to urge Katya.

The girl gave in and gave in to Tamar's help. Tamar unwrapped the piece of torn cloth from around the wound making a hissing sound once seeing the damage that was caused to Katya's palm.

''That bad?'' Katya cringed.

''Nothing that can't be fixed.'' Tamar focused on working.

A small sting travelled up Katya's arm as Tamar corrected her hand and cleaned everything using nothing but her hands. ''Did your sickness pass over too?'' Tamar asked once she was happy with the result and Katya's hand looked as if nothing was even there.