Going Down Memory Lane

Start from the beginning

"WOAH, ISN'T THIS LIMITED EDITION?! HOW DID YOU GET IT, DAD?" Rukio said excitedly.

"Well... There happened to be a coworker of mine who bought two copies by accident. I then decided to ask him for one of the copies. So, hurry and tidy up the room if you want to get your hands on this book right away," Karma replied with his trademark smirk.

Rukio then quickly rushed to tidy up the room he had messed up earlier. Hah, kids. They'll do anything to get what they want.

"Did you just bribe him?" Rio said.

"I didn't intend to. But hey, no harm done," Karma replied.

"Humm... By the way, you lied didn't you?"

"Lied about what?" Karma asked back.

"That book. You didn't actually 'get' it, did you? I'm guessing you pre-ordered it months before," Rio said, pointing to the book Karma is holding.

"It's not completely a lie though. I really did get this from a coworker of mine, well bought, but still, I didn't completely lie," Karma casually corrected.

"From months ago?"

"From months ago," Karma rolled his eyes.

"Aww, now look at that. A Karma Akabane loves his son so much that he pre-ordered his favorite book months before. Not to mention that book is a limited edition one. Didn't see that coming," Rio teased, poking Karma's cheek.

Karma pouts and grabs Rio's hand, kissing the back of it.

"What's this? Is my sweet wife jealous?" Karma teased back.

Rio immediately puts on a straight face mumbling a 'Yeah right,' before going to the kitchen. Karma chuckled and returned to the living room. Karma slowly sneaked into Rukio who seemed to be seriously looking at something.

"Oh ho ho, what are you doing there? Aren't you suppose to be cleaning up?" Karma suddenly spoke. Rukio was startled but quickly composed himself after realizing that it's his dad.

Rukio looks around for a moment, checking if the 'coast is clear'. He then showed Karma the book he's holding, "This book..."

Karma was surprised for a moment to see the book his son is holding. It's been quite some time since he last saw the album in hand. Karma then slowly takes the album from Rukio's hand.

"Where did you get this album?" Karma asked gently, opening the pages of the old album.

"Under that cupboard. One of my stuff rolled under there and when I tried to take it, I found that album. Is there something wrong?" Rukio asked curiously.

"No, there's nothing wrong, really. This album should've been on top of the cupboard. Maybe it fell down and got kicked by one of you. I was wondering where this album went. I tried to find it but couldn't find it. Pffft, I forgot this picture exists!" Karma laughed.

"Karma! Me and Karuri are going out to the store to buy some groceries. Where did you put the car key?" Rio asked from the front door.

"It's in the drawer by the door!" Karma said while walking to Rio.

"Alright, got it! We're heading out now, and Karma stop laughing out loud. Go help Rukio if you got nothing to do. See you later."

"Fine, fine. Be careful, dear," Karma replied. Rio nods and closes the door.

After making sure that Rio have left already, Karma head back to the living room. Suddenly, he got a 'brilliant' idea.

'While Rio's not around...'