"Social sciences." She replied with a wry smile.

I nodded and looked back out at all the cabins. Suddenly, an idea struck me and I turned back to face Katie.

"Do you want to go on a walk?" I blurted out.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked back at the party. "Now? Are you sure?"

I nodded and gave her, what I hoped, a charming smile. "No time like the present, right?"

Katie's grin grew as she looked up at me. "Yeah, you're right. Let's go."

We stepped down from the pavilion and started walking through the camp. Conversation flowed easily between us, like we were just picking up from where we left off 4 years ago.

We had managed to make our way through the whole camp until we got to the beach and Katie stopped suddenly.

"Can I ask you something?" She said, looking at me with an unreadable expression. I had relaxed as we talked more, but all my nervousness seemed to come back in an instant.

"Sure, what's up?" I asked, feigning confidence as I stuffed my hands in my pant pockets.

"Why did you hate me?" Katie said, causing me to freeze.

"What?"

"Why did you hate me?" She repeated. "I mean, you pranked me almost everyday during the summer for 8 years straight. Why? What did I do?"

I still hadn't moved and I could see her nervously cross her arms.

"Whatever I did, I'm really sorry for. I don't remember ever doing something really bad when I was younger so did I say something? I don't know. I was just wondering if you could explain." She continued to ramble as she watched me cautiously.

"Actually, you don't have to tell me if you don't want me to know what-"

"No, I didn't hate you." I cut her off and watched as she grew confused. "It's just that..."

I coughed nervously as she stepped a little closer to me.

"I had a crush on you." I stated bluntly.

Katie's eyebrows rose, and I couldn't tell if her cheeks were red from the cold or from what I just said.

"You...liked me?" She asked, gaping at me.

"Yeah. I didn't know how to tell you, or how to deal with what I felt so I just pranked you. It was the only way I thought you would notice me." I rushed on.

"You thought I wouldn't notice you?" She asked incredulously. "Travis, you do realize you were probably the most noticeable person in the whole camp, right?"

"I realize now that my ways of getting you to notice me were flawed, to say the least."

"If anything, your plan backfired." She replied with a grim smile.

I sighed. "Well, I'd rather have you hate me than not know me at all." I said before I could think about it.

Katie fell silent for a few second and I found a sudden interest in my shoes.

"Miranda is going to lose it when I tell her." She suddenly said, laughing dryly. At my confused look, she explained, "She has been nagging me since we were 12 saying that you only did it cause you liked me. Maybe I just won't tell her. Her ego is already big enough."

I laughed, glad the awkwardness of the situation had faded.

"Y'know, you haven't changed one bit since we were kids." She said, a small smile on her face.

I snorted. "I don't know if I should be offended considering how much you hated me."

Katie laughed, and a pleased smile made its way onto my face.

"No, you know what I mean. You're still Travis. In a good way." She added simply, and I tried to ignore the rush of giddy emotions I felt when she said it.

"Well you're completely different." I replied. Katie turned to me with a confused look on her face.

"What do you mean?" She questioned, her eyebrows pulled together as she studied me.

"It's just... you're you now." I stammered. Her face grew even more confused at my response.

"Now, you're this confident, calm, laid back, beautiful young woman. Not the teenager who yelled at me for putting chocolate bunnies on her cabin roof." I said.

Katie blushed furiously as she glanced away. She was silent for a few seconds as she fidgeted with the bracket sitting on her wrist.

"You think I'm beautiful?" She asked quietly.

"You've always been beautiful, Kates. That hasn't changed at all." I replied, not even worried about feeling embarrassed anymore.

She tucked her hair behind her ears, a movement I now recognized as one she did when she was flustered. "Thank you." She said, her voice a whisper.

"Hey! Party's wrapping up, time to go home!" A semi drunk Chris Rodriguez called out to us.

"We'll be right there!" I called back.

Katie put a hand on my arm, stopping me from starting to walk back towards the pavilion.

"Do you know that new coffee shop that just opened in the East village?" She asked me, her green eyes staring intently into mine.

I nodded, not trusting myself to speak.

"Would you want to meet there sometime soon for breakfast? To catch up more." She added nervously.

I smirked. "Well, I think we've already caught up a lot. Maybe if it was a date I would say yes." I teased, watching as she rolled her eyes.

"Okay, it's a date." Katie said, grinning at me.

"Great. Does next Wednesday morning work?" I asked. She smiled at me and nodded.

"Well I will see you then, Katie Kat." I said, turning and walking up towards where Chris was waiting for me.

"How was it?" He slurred, walking with me towards Connor. I don't think he even knew I was talking to Katie, but the effort was appreciated.

"It was really good."

AHHH HOPEFULLY YOU GUYS LIKE THIS ONE! i actually do this time 😧 anyways sorry for being so late with the updates i have had 0 motivation lately and have just been really busy

VOTE IF YOU ENJOYED ‼️‼️

*NOT EDITED*