28. Aabaad Barbaad

Start from the beginning

Allah miya ko bhi aaj hi ke din Fahad ke Romeo ko jagana tha?!

"Kaisa hai bacha mera?" She asks, sitting by my legs on the bed.

(How is my darling daughter?)

"Not good." I mumble, hugging my knees. Throwing the blanket over me, I bury my face in it.

"What happened?" I hear Fahad ask.

"Food poisoning. She ate something that didn't suit her body and has been throwing up since." Mummy answers.

"Doctor ko dikhaye?"

"Haan bhabi, hydrated rehna hai bola doctor. Chills aur fever bhi aare."

(Yes, he advised to keep her hydrated.)

"Salma bibi, soup ready hai Saira bibi ka!" Shaheen bi yells from the kitchen.

"Soup nahi!" I yank the comforter away, pulling my head out in protest.

"I'll go get it." Fahad says at the exact same time.

"Arey baba, aap kyu late? I'll go get it. Aur tum, chup chap soup piyo." She says

(Why would you? I'll go and get it. And you are drinking the soup  no matter what.)

"Mumma!" I whine.

"Bhabi, aap baitho, main leke aatiyu soup. Aap baitho." Aunty says, getting to her feet.

"Arey bhabi aap. . ." Both of the amble out of the room, leaving Fahad and I alone. Not meeting his gaze I continue to stare at my lap. A beat of silence passes over us, before he calls my name in that velvety smooth voice of his.

"Saira,"

"Hmm?"

"Look at me." I shake my head in reply. The mattress beside me dips under his weight where he settles. His warm fingers reach for my face, and moving it towards him. Still, I refuse to look up, fixing my eyes at his tshirt.

"Jaana," He calls, cradling my cheek. My treacherous eyes on their own accord dart towards him. A smile adorning his handsome face. "Kiya hua?"

"Don't look at me." I say, quickly pulling the comforter over. Only to be pulled down by him.

"You don't seem that bad. Probably better than what I look like when I am down with flu."

"That's very sweet of you. Thank you for lying--"

"I am not lying--"

"How come you're here?"

"I missed you." He admits, gazing deep in my eyes.

"Toh phone karlete. Why are you here?"

"You don't want me here?"

"No."

"Chale jaun main wapas?"

(Should I go back?)

"Nahi." I say, scooting closer to him.

"No?" He quirks his brow.

"No." Laying my head on his shoulder, I nuzzle into his neck. Letting his scent drown me in.

"Rehana and Wajih were planning a day out for the four of us today. . ." I force my mind to concentrate on what he was saying, trying to not focus at the rapid pace my stomach starts churning. He wraps a hand around me, tugging me closer as he continues. "So, I was actually here to take you with us. But. . ."

His words are muffled by my soaring heartbeat. Saliva gathers in my mouth once again, the foul taste collecting in the back of my throat.

"Jaana," He calls, grabbing my face. "You okay?" I was panting when I shake my head in negative. The contents in my gut kicked me off the bed. Quickly putting a hand to my mouth, I stumble towards the bathroom and kneel before the pot for the uptemth time.