Darmiyaan

Sakshi looks out of her window and thinks about the events of the day. The last few days were quite mentally exhausting . A lot had happened today. She had left her husband's house with her kids and now she had to start a new phase of her life. She had to become self- dependent. It was a really brave step from her end . She had always been dependent on someone all her life. Earlier her parents, and then her husband , and now she had to do everything by herself. Now she had to play the role of a single mother for her kids and most importantly she had to make an identity for herself.

Sakshi's chain of thoughts gets disturbed when she hears her phone buzzing.
"Hello Sakshi. Ridhaan this side", he speaks hesitantly.

"Are you okay?", Ridhaan asks her in concern. After staying silent for a while, sakshi replies,

"Yeah I am fine."

"I can guess your mood through your voice. Don't think too much. You had a really tiring day today and so you need rest. Go and sleep Sakshi"

"Thank you for your concern", Sakshi tells him.

"Sakshi!! All the best for the coming days. If you ever need my help, I am just a call away. "

"I know!!"

"Good night"

"Good night Ridhaan"
After the call ends, Sakshi smiles looking at the phone.
Today she had rejected Ridhaan's love for her and he still cared for her. Did she love him? Only the coming days would tell.

Next Day

Sakshi dropped her kids to school and then went to take her things from her parents house. Sakshi's friend had offered her an apartment on rent where she could live with her kids. Sakshi was adamant on not taking her help but later she agreed.

After shifting to her new apartment, Sakshi sits down tired. She hears her phone beep with a notification. She looks at the notification and realized that the message is from her bank.
All her bank accounts were freezed and she was left with only one account that had around 50,000 rupees in it.
This reminded her of the last sentence that she had said to Madhav.
Sakshi knew this was not the end. Madhav would file the divorce and custody case very soon. Was she ready for all this? A big No.
In order to distract her mind from all this, she starts surfing through the tv channels when an interview draws her attention. It was Ridhaan's interview.
A layer of tears formed in her eyes as she heard him speak. He was younger than her yet so mature. No one ever understood her the way he did.

Just when Sakshi was thinking about all this, she hears the doorbell ring.
She quickly gets up and opens the door and finds Kabir and Aanya on the doorstep with Ridhaan standing behind them. They walk inside the house and Ridhaan notices that Sakshi was watching his interview on the television.

He sits on the couch and increases the volume. Sakshi glares at him and he smiles in return.

"I lost track of time", she says regretfully.

"That's because you are busy watching interviews of great personalities"

"I was tired with all the shifting. So I decided to take rest for a while."

"I was invited by their school for a seminar. I saw both of them waiting for you so I offered them a lift and Aanya told me the address", Ridhaan tells her.

"Ridhaan is so cool mumma.", Kabir tells her excitedly.

Aanya rolls her eyes hearing that.
"Mumma I told Kabir that we must not go with him but he didn't listen to me.", Aanya replies in an irked tone.

"He is not a stranger Aanya. He is mumma's best friend." Sakshi tells Aanya as she looked at Ridhaan. Hearing that Ridhaan's face lit up.

"Oh! Sorry Ridhz.", Aanya quickly apologizes.