Chapter 61

"Diamond? Don't you think you had a drink too many?", asked Vanessa.

Diamond didn't respond.

Vanessa looked at Kendrick.

"Say something", said Vanessa.

"I'm a bad husband. Anything I say or do is bad", said Kendrick.

Diamond looked at Kendrick.

"But if she gets another drink. I'm just going to leave my card and take the kids home", said Kendrick.

"You may take Alyssa and Zara but Ayanna stays", said Diamond.

"And why is that?", asked Kendrick.

"Because that's my daughter and my responsibility", she said.

"Don't really look like you're being responsible", said Kendrick. "You look unstable...drinking in the day time and around your kids."

"You're trying to make me look bad", she said.

"You're making yourself look bad", he said.

"Guys, let's just —"

"Stay out of this, Vanessa", said Diamond.

Vanessa rolled her eyes.

"You're the reason why I'm drinking now", Diamond said.

"I didn't put the glass to your mouth. You did. Don't sit here and blame me for your poor ass coping skills", said Kendrick.

"My poor coping skills? Your poor decision making", she said.

"Diamond let's be real. Is this really about me? Or that dude outside? We we're having a good time until you were talking to that guy. Or maybe it's about the man you're still in love with", said Kendrick.

"You wanna bring that up? You wanna keep talking about that? It's not like, like you didn't have feelings for Kennedy when you let her kiss you. Yet I brushed it under the rug and moved on. You had sex with my cousin—"

"You know what, maybe I should go", said Vanessa.

"Yet, I forgave your ass and moved on", said Diamond. "So you need to let that shit go and move on because it doesn't matter anymore. He's gone"

"Wait did they find out what happened to Brian?", asked Vanessa.

"No", said Kendrick. "He's still missing"

"Kendrick can I talk to you outside for a moment?", asked Vanessa.

"If you got something to say about me, say it to my face and not behind my back. Or are you trying to persuade him into your pants again?", asked Diamond.

"yea I'm just going to go", said Vanessa as she grabbed her purse and got up. "Make her stop drinking. I don't care what y'all got going on. She doesn't need to be drinking."

"What? You think I'm going to be like my dad?", asked Diamond. "I'm so sick of you thinking that."

"Diamond I'm just trying to look out for you. You've been through a lot.", said Vanessa. "You've been strong about everything and I'm so proud of you but lately it's like you've been falling apart. Like that shit you're saying to me right now. I would never do that to you. I didn't know he was dating you and let alone anyone. But you have that thought still bottled up inside of you"

"I'm not falling apart", said Diamond.

"...Vanessa go ahead and go. I'll talk to to her", said Kendrick.

Diamond looked at Kendrick.

Vanessa looked at Diamond for a moment then she walked away.

"Ay can I get the bill", said Kendrick as the waitress walked by.