Smackdown Live Episode #2: The Lady of Spades

Summary: After pulling a huge victory last week. Shayna and Lacey look to capture the women's tag team titles from Tamina and Natalya.

Tom Phillips- Welcome everyone to Friday Night Smackdown. Here tonight we have the following matchups: Rhea Ripley goes one on one against Mandy Rose. Drew McIntyre retains his WWE Universal championship against Roman Reigns. Then later on tonight, Lacey Evans and Shayna Baszler challenge Natalya and Tamina for the WWE women's tag team titles.

Saxton: Last week Lacey and Shayna were victorious against Eva Marie and Carmella. Makes you wonder if they'll be able to keep that momentum up by winning the titles tonight.

Graves: Maybe if Shayna follows Lacey's example of class.

Tom Phillips- Anyways. Let's kick things off tonight with Rhea Ripley and Mandy Rose.

*Rhea and Mandy have their match. Rhea eventually hits Mandy with her finisher the Riptide. Rhea pins Mandy for the victory.*

Announcer: Here's your winner: RHEA RIPLEY!

Saxton- Worst thing you wanna do is make Rhea Ripley angry.

Tom Phillips- Looking at the playback, Mandy Rose had Rhea on the ground in an ankle lock taunting the nightmare. Rhea managed to break the hold, but was filled with enough rage to brutalize and rag doll Rose.

Graves- Wouldn't be long until Rhea Ripley would go for the Riptide planting Rose and pin her for the win.

Tom Phillips- Now Nikki A.S.H celebrating her partner's victory with a hug. Looks like they've created a special bond since teaming up against Charlotte Flair. More to come tonight Drew McIntyre puts the WWE universal championship on the line against Roman Reigns. And then later Lacey Evans and Shayna Baszler go up against Natalya and Tamina for the women's tag team titles, next.

*One commercial break later*

Tom Phillips- Welcome back everyone to Friday Night Smackdown. Right now we have Roman Reigns in the ring ready to go one on one against Drew McIntyre for the WWE championship.

Saxton- Roman Reigns may have the grit and iron will but even he shouldn't underestimate a man like Drew McIntyre.

Tom Phillips- Well as McIntyre makes his way to the ring you'd have to wonder what's on his mind.

Graves- Same thing he said last week. "Roman Reigns is a tough man, but I'm a man of war." Let's just hope that gives him an advantage as he puts his WWE championship on the line.

*Reigns and McIntyre have their match. McIntyre retains.*

Announcer: Here's your winner and STILL the WWE Champion, Drew McIntyre!

Saxton- A man of war best describes McIntyre as he retains his championship against Roman Reigns.

Tom Phillips- An hard fought battle, but Drew still managed to push onward. As soon as Reigns was about to deliver the Super Man Punch... McIntyre hit him with the Claymore to pick up the victory tonight. Still more to come, up next is the Women's Tag Team Championship match tonight. Natalya and Tamina defend against Lacey Evans and Shayna Baszler. Stay tuned.

*Another commercial break later*

Shayna Baszler is pacing back and forth waiting on Lacey Evans. Lacey shows up with a feather boa around her shoulders.

Shayna: You seriously think that's necessary?

Lacey: Honey let's face it. You have a reputation to uphold and so do I. However I do believe that yours could use a little sprucing up!

Shayna: I told you last week. I'm not gonna go out there looking like a pinup model wearing fancy skirts and what-not. If we just stay focused on our goal tonight which is the women's tag team titles, things should be fine.

Lacey: Just don't pull any of your nasty card tricks on me sweetheart.

Lacey grabs Shayna's hand and they walk off screen.

Graves: I'm still not buying this team at all.

Saxton: Ok so they're complete opposites but maybe they can use that to their advantage tonight.

Announcer: The following contest is for the women's tag team titles. Introducing first the team of Lacey Evans and Shayna Baszler!

Tom Phillips: Last week Evans and Baszler scored a victory against Eva Marie and Carmella. Tonight they go one on one against the tag team champions Natalya and Tamina as they make their way out to the ring. Could Lacey and Shayna pull off an upset and become the new champions.

Graves: That'll depend on whether or not Baszler is willing to follow in the classier footsteps of her tag team partner Lacey.

Saxton: Why is that still a big deal to you Corey?

Graves: Shut up Saxton, the match is starting.

Referee calls for the bell.

Tom Phillips: Here we have Baszler and Natalya kick things off. As Natalya goes into a Colorado Waist lock.

*Shayna counters the waist-lock and sets up for a gut-wrench suplex. She pins Natalya but Natalya kicks out at 2.*

Saxton: Went for the cover a little early. Baszler now using her joint manipulation on Natalya.

Tom Phillips: Natalya desperately trying make it back into her corner and now tags in Tamina.

*Shayna and Tamina trade punches with each other. Tamina picks Shayna up over her shoulders and preps for a Samoan drop. Baszler counters and tries to roll Tamina up for a pin. Tamina kicks out at 1. *

Graves: Shayna now tagging in Lacey Evans. Tamina tags in Natalya. We all know the history these two competitors have had.

Tom Phillips: From Hell in a Cell to Crown Jewel. These two are very familiar with each other. As Natalya goes in for the cover and Lacey kicks out. Natalya now looking for the sharp shooter. Evans able to counter and rolls her up for the pin. Natalya kicks out at 2. We'll be right back after the break.

*Another commercial break later.*

Tom Phillips- Welcome back to Friday Night Smackdown. During the commercial break, Lacey Evans takes advantage of Natalya with a series of shots to the face and then shoving Natalya into the middle turnbuckle.

Saxton- Lacey now going up top getting ready for a moonsault. OH! Nobody home as. Natalya rolls out of the way and tags in Tamina.

Graves: Evans now struggling back to her corner and tags in Shayna Baszler.

* The match carries on. Shayna uses the Kirifuda Clutch on Natalya. Natalya taps out. Shayna and Lacey pick up the win*

Announcer: Here are your winners, and the NEW Women's Tag team Championships. Lacey Evans and Shayna Baszler!

Saxton: And you thought that Lacey and Shayna couldn't make things work out.

Graves: Who cares about that Saxton? Without Lacey Evans showing Baszler the proper example of sophistication they would have never been the new champions.

Tom Phillips- Well either way. Lacey Evans and Shayna Baszler are the new tag team champions and wait. What's going on here?

Natalya snatches a microphone.

Natalya: Listen, you got lucky. We want an rematch next week! And this time Lacey I'm gonna take that fancy little brim hat of yours and shove it down your throat!

Lacey- Oh you are asking for it now sweetheart!

Lacey pulls a kendo stick out from under the ring and chases Natalya and Tamina out of the arena.

Shayna: Where you going!? Lacey!

The lights flicker as lullaby music plays. The arena soon goes dark. The lights come back on and Alexa Bliss and her doll Lilly appear. Alexa covers her hand over Shayna's mouth. Shayna slowly collapses and passes out. Alexa with Lilly in hand drags Shayna underneath the ring.

*End of Second Episode. To be continued...*