Chapter V: Favorite song

Start from the beginning

"Theo?" a voice called. A voice that made me want to tear my hair out.

"What do you want, Ivy?"

"Coach is asking why you left, are you feeling well? I was just joking around," her confession sounded like an apology.

I walked back into the locker room, my towel hanging dangerously low on my hips.

"I'm fine, just needed a cold shower," I picked up all my stuff from the floor.

"I can see that," she cleared her throat.

I had realized she does that a lot when she is nervous. Her eyes were roaming across my body and looking everywhere but my eyes.

I was a cocky motherfucker so it was a blast seeing her this flustered, I fed off of it. Despite everything I said before, getting under her skin was fun.

"You want to touch too?" I was backing her into a corner again. But this time I stopped at a distance. I noticed her throat bobbing.

"Too bad," a mocking grin rose to my lips, "Only good girls get to touch. That stunt you pulled today? That wasn't really nice."

"It was worth it," she shrugged her shoulders.

"Was it though?" I stepped closer. She backed up into the locker door.

"The second time today we're in this position," I chuckled.

"Mhm," she looked at the ceiling, avoiding my eyes.

"I need my locker," I whispered.

"Yes. Of course. Umm, I'll go," she fumbled to leave. I shook my head at her retreating figure.

Blair might be annoying beyond words but at least I can annoy her right back.

-

I absolutely hated frat parties but they threw them every year. And I somehow always got roped into coming by my friends.

Apparently, they invited certain people so it wasn't an event for everyone. The hockey team had an automatic invite since we could easily get beer kegs.

Typical frat party story - beer kegs, the sports team sponsor chicks, and a whole lot of alcohol. It was the stupidest thing anyone could think of.

I didn't want to be here now either but Dean insisted we come. He's most likely getting laid and disappearing in the middle of the night like he does every time.

I had taken my seat on the couch with a beer in hand. Dean and JJ on the opposite one.

Since I could remember they had been by me. I've known them for my whole life. They are like brothers to me and the only ones I trust with my problems.

It was always hard to let new people get close to me. So me being an asshole was a default mechanism.

I had tried to reprogram my fucked up brain but I couldn't. It was just how I was and there was nothing I could do about it.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a girl dropping next to me.

"Hi, Gray," her high-pitched voice rang in my ears.

"Ashley," I sighed. Dean was trying not to laugh.

I had slept with Ashley a couple of times last year but she knew I didn't like her like that. I never usually stayed with the girls but I always warned them beforehand. No strings attached, blah, blah, blah....

"Ugh, look. The skank is here again. I've heard she's slept with this whole house in the last four days," Ashley pointed to the door not expecting her to be pointing at my roommate.